Not Yet 40

Not Yet 40

Although I ended up liking this witty chick lit beginning of a series, I will say that it will be offensive to a lot of people due to the filthy language (of one character-well more than one if you count her daughter!) as well as the sexually explicit scene that starts the book.

If you can get past that (?) then you'll find it's a quick and light read. I was sort of disappointed that it was so short and the 2nd one hasn't been published yet. :) ( )
  shannonjoe | Nov 25, 2012 |
Even though this was a quick read, I did get engrossed with what was happening to each character throughout the book. I don't have a favorite character yet, but I'm sure that they will all be as "interesting" in the next episode as they were in this one, and I can't wait to read it. ( )
  sealford | Mar 24, 2012 |
Romantic novella with three main female characters. The main protagonist Jessica is a thirty-six year-old lawyer having an affair with an overweight doctor. Too much emphasis at start on "bad sex" and "flabs" ,which put-off this reader. I was disappointed with this short novel and find it difficult enough to award two stars. ( )
  tbrennan1 | Feb 2, 2012 |
Not Yet 40 is the first installment and I will not be reading any more that come out. I almost didn't go any further than the very graphic sex scene that began the story, but since I was given this e-book and asked to write an honest review, I was determined to read the entire story. I can't say that I liked anything about the book. I didn't find any of the characters likeable. I thought the sex scene and the language were unnecessary. I guess my favorite part was that it was not a full novel! ( )
  read2u | Jan 9, 2012 |
Like some other reviewers mentioned it starts off with a very graphic (and unappealing) s*x scene. Then jumps right into some very foul language. I almost stopped reading it three times and only finished it because it was so short I realized that I was already 88%.

I think if it was brought back to PG-13 it has some potential. You definitely felt for the characters and the writing itself was interesting.

I think it has a bit of cliched storyline with Susan and Keith but felt like Jessica's storyline was one that hadn't been done in that particular way.

I don't like to give away to much so leave it to say that I won't pursue any other of these books.

I was also given a free copy in exchange for an honest review. This book really needs a Mature rating. ( )
  TABrowne | Jan 9, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

's book Not Yet 40 was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,597,245 books! | Top bar: Always visible