Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Outsmart High Blood Pressure
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312988125, Mass Market Paperback)
This guide from the editors of Prevention Health Books offers the information and advice you need to take control of your blood pressure now. High blood pressure is a silent, symptom-less condition that affects some fifty million Americans. Left untreated, it can set the stage for serious complications-including heart disease, stroke, and kidney damage. But you don't need to let it get that far. With a few simple lifestyle changes and a combination of mainstream and alternative remedies, you can lower your blood pressure to a healthy level-and keep it there.
Inside you'll discover:
· What high blood pressure is, and how it happens
· Who is most likely to develop high blood pressure, and why
· What complications high blood pressure can cause-and why people with diabetes are at special risk
· What isolated systolic hypertension is and why it matters
· What you should look for when buying a home blood pressure monitor
· What you should know about the most common blood-pressure-reducing medications-from aspirin to prescription drugs
· How foods, herbs, and supplements can help lower blood pressure-sometimes eliminating the need for drugs!
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:13 -0400)
Presents a selection of guidelines for lowering blood pressure, including tips on taking an accurate blood-pressure reading, available medications, nutrition, and recognizing the complications of high blood pressure.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.