At the King's Pleasure by Kate Emerson

At the King's Pleasure

by Kate Emerson

391292,072 (4)1

Lady Anne Stafford is a lady-in-waiting to Queen Catherine of Aragon. A married women. But she catches the eye of King Henry and his close friend Sir William Compton. Lady Anne learns fast how life at court can turn dangerous.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I liked Lady Anne Stafford. She is quite outgoing and charismatic. But I also felt bad for her too. Sadly her brother, the Duke of Buckingham and her husband Lord Hastings take an innocent situation and blow it into a scandal. I have to say there were many times while I was reading that I would have loved to slap up both brother and husband. But all in all At the King's Pleasure is great read. Temptation and court intrigue. Everything I've come to love from Emerson's Tudor books. She has a wonderful writing style that automatically takes me back to that time. I love it. ( )
  vampiregirl76 | Dec 27, 2011 |
Emerson, who also pens a Scottish mystery series as Kaitlyn Dunnett, has written a wonderfully absorbing novel that is full of enough historical detail to satisfy even the most hard-core Tudor fan. Lady Anne is a well-chosen protagonist whose sensitivity, pure caring, and desire to do what she knows is right makes her easy for the reader to love. Emerson beautifully depicts the difficulty of living in a treacherous period in which one had to do what the king's pleasure demanded, in spite of the risk of losing one's head.
added by Christa_Josh | editLibrary Journal, Audrey Johnson (Oct 15, 2011)

"Emerson returns to the Tudor Court in At the King's Pleasure, where Lady Anne Stafford is torn between her husband and another man at court"-- "Another in the Tudor Court series, focusing on Lady Anne Stafford"--

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible