The Rude Pundit's Almanack by Lee Papa

The Rude Pundit's Almanack

by Lee Papa

821,035,133 (2.5)None

Some the sexual fantasizing used in taking his neocon targets down a peg was a little beyond tastefully rude. I must be getting old. As much as I enjoy the Rude Pundit's blog, I find myself liking the book as much as I'd expected. The first page of each chapter was rendered as an image instead of text, and I found myself a little irritated by that combined with some of the errors in the kindle edition formatting, especially the hyphenated words in the middle of a line. I'm still leery of buying ebooks because those sorts of things. I'd probably only recommend this to fans of the Rude Pundit's blog and tweets who want to support his efforts. ( )
  cdogzilla | Jan 7, 2012 |
As far as high-spirited, partisan, discursive, informal fulminations go, this "Almanack" isn't the worst specimen ever... but it is also far from the best. There are a host of collections and curated compendiums of political writing that are far superior. I possessed a passing familiarity with Papa's blog (http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/), and was hoping that the effort inherent in publishing a book might necessitate more focus and attention to quality control; alas, I was wrong. "The Rude Pundit's Almanack" is a slim scrapbook of miscellany, hastily assembled and easily digested. I finished it the day after I bought it. It was an impulse buy. I got a few chuckles here and there, but I can think of better ways to spend $17. ( )
  Narboink | Dec 5, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,311,475 books! | Top bar: Always visible