Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me

by Tahereh Mafi

English (82)  Dutch (1)  All (83)
This book was even better than the first one if that's possible! ( )
  Verkruissen | Aug 12, 2017 |
HOLY SWEET MOTHER!

Review coming soon. ( )
  EarlGreyBooks | Aug 2, 2017 |
I fell in love, in love with so many things about this book. "The message from the sky is clear: we are pissed...we will make you pay for the blood you spill so freely...we will ruin you".

At first I was so angry with the Warner and Adam triangle, or maybe I was more upset that I actually wasn't upset at all. I always get upset. Maybe it is because it has been so long since I read the fist book I have forgotten Adam completely. I find myself rooting for the other team, and understand the debate Juliette is going through.

The words in this book held so much meaning, he descriptions and moving analogies. "Words will live as long as people can remember them". More times then I can count I was marking pages because I didn't want to forget those words that have been engraved so deeply in my memory I can't help but be in complete and utter awe of Tahereh Mafi.

My only issues that I couldn't seem to shake was the fact that Juliette constantly wallowed in her self pity, I may be biased, but I wanted her to be more kick ass. Crying and running away or staying silent did not sit well with me. I understand she has had a hard life but she had better embrace it in the next book and take no prisoners! ( )
  Meagantull | Jul 5, 2017 |
I have really been looking forward to this book. There was so much hype surrounding events that took place and certain developments. It didn't completely let me down. The book wasn't quite as consistently exciting and as engaging as I had hoped. Scattered throughout were "Oh my goodness. Did that really just happen?!" moments and they were HUGE, but I almost would have preferred those moments to occur much more regularly in smaller increments just so I would feel like I couldn't put the book down. It ended up taking me kind of awhile to read this simply because it would get boring and drag a little and then we would have these moments that made me want to devour the story, only to have it cycle back into the drab.

I'm really not a fan of the Juliette, Warner and Adam triangle. Mainly because Adam really irritates me. He just seems far too emotional and whiny and I just don't see the appeal. Kenji is featured much more in Unravel Me and I really wish Adam would have got the boot and Kenji would take his place. Kenji is funny and lighthearted but knows when to be mature and serious. Maybe the next book will make my dreams come true?

Juliette is also fairly irritating. She is just so wishy-washy and nothing is ever black or white to her. It literally seems like she is always in the gray.With that said, her character does make some serious strides and towards the end of this installment I found myself really liking and looking forward to all things Juliette.

The ending to this book was superb. It left me absolutely wanting to read the next book!
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
A review of the whole trilogy is now on my blog
http://ibubbleslife.blogspot.com/2016/12/shatter-me-trilogy-review.html ( )
  bookandsword | Jan 9, 2017 |
For my mother.  The best person I've ever known.
The world might be sunny-side up today.

"Juliette has escaped to Omega Point, the headquarters of the rebel resistance and a safe haven for people with abilities like hers. She is finally free from The Reestablishment and their plans to use her as a weapon, but Warner, her former captor, won't let her go without a fight."--… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,938,249 books! | Top bar: Always visible