Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me (edition 2013)

by Tahereh Mafi

Member:TequilaReader
Title:Unravel Me
Authors:Tahereh Mafi
Info:HarperCollins (2013), Hardcover, 480 pages
Collections:June, To read, Current TBR, eBook, Needs Tags
Tags:eBook TBR

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

English (72)  Dutch (1)  All languages (73)
It's an awkward time when one love interest is so boring that he's barely a character and the other one is a creeper, but he's far more interesting so you root for him. I don't have strong feelings about these books and once I finish, I just pick up another book. They're quick reads but doesn't make me feel anything strong for the characters or the plot. I'm entertained but it's not groundbreaking. ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
You can't have a romantic relationship if you can't touch your partner is basically what Juliette is teaching young readers in this book. Great job. ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |
The action picked up in this one. I want to see what happens so, I'm moving on to book 3 now. ( )
  ddbrown201 | Jan 23, 2016 |
Wow wow wow. Tahereh Mafi causes such an impression with these books. Juliette is still scared, unsure, and insecure of herself and her surroundings. Her main concern? Being around so many people who she may accidentally harm or even kill. Throughout most of the book, Juliette is too frightened and insecure to do anything. She whines and cries and feel super emotional about every little thing. Which is why Kenji was such a good friend to her in being blunt and telling her to get over herself. Although it is understandable to a point because she basically is barely learning how to interact with people. As for the other characters like Adam, Kenji, and Warner may new things are revealed. I grew to love Warner and start to really dislike Adam.
Let's just say so much happens in terms of character development. ( )
  bookharpy | Dec 15, 2015 |
I rated the first book in this series with four stars, but I dropped a star for this one because I got annoyed by the shift from a dystopian fantasy novel with a hint of romance to a romance with a hint of dystopian fantasy. I was particularly annoyed by the sheer amount of heterosexual teenage lust, and especially the narrator's constant descriptions of how beautiful the two boys she's attracted to are, as though her attraction was primarily superficial. The author seems to have lost track of her world-building and instead tried to tap into the Twilight fanbase with the moody romantic bits, which are my least favorite aspect of young adult fantasy. I'm not yet sure if I'll listen to the third book in the series, when it's released. ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |
For my mother.  The best person I've ever known.
The world might be sunny-side up today.

"Juliette has escaped to Omega Point, the headquarters of the rebel resistance and a safe haven for people with abilities like hers. She is finally free from The Reestablishment and their plans to use her as a weapon, but Warner, her former captor, won't let her go without a fight."--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,254,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible