Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me (edition 2013)

by Tahereh Mafi

Member:TequilaReader
Title:Unravel Me
Authors:Tahereh Mafi
Info:HarperCollins (2013), Hardcover, 480 pages
Collections:June, To read, Current TBR, eBook, Needs Tags
Tags:eBook TBR

Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi

English (80)  Dutch (1)  All languages (81)
Review of Fracture Me

As usual, Mafi is a master with words. Her depiction of Juliette’s suffering as written in her Journal left me breathless and enthralled.

This book has Adam's POV following Omega Points decision to go to war against The Reestablishment. It was surprising hearing from Adam. The strongest feeling this book left me with was his no faith view of Juliette. I was horribly offended on her behalf. He seemed to want to be more of her protector than her partner in their battles for freedom. I couldn't believe how weak he thought she was, at least that's my interpretation. I don't know how this will affect them going forward because I can see Juliette transitioning to someone more stronger and ready to take her life back. I really hope that Adam will get over his narrow minded view of who he thinks she is and how she needs to be secured away from danger not standing up to it.

All that being said, this was another fantastic installment in the series and I can't wait to see how it all plays out. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
Wow wow wow. Tahereh Mafi causes such an impression with these books. Juliette is still scared, unsure, and insecure of herself and her surroundings. Her main concern? Being around so many people who she may accidentally harm or even kill. Throughout most of the book, Juliette is too frightened and insecure to do anything. She whines and cries and feel super emotional about every little thing. Which is why Kenji was such a good friend to her in being blunt and telling her to get over herself. Although it is understandable to a point because she basically is barely learning how to interact with people. As for the other characters like Adam, Kenji, and Warner may new things are revealed. I grew to love Warner and start to really dislike Adam.
Let's just say so much happens in terms of character development. ( )
  bookharpy | Apr 19, 2016 |

I love Warner, I love how he loves Juliette, and I hate that I'm sure the author wants her to be with boring Adam, I mean Juliette shines when Warner is around, and don't let me start about chapter 62... though I HATED Juliette by the end of the scene, but now I'm having a huge "fictional character" crush. My small heart can't take it. Warner is delicious! ( )

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

I always imagine Warner as Jai Courtney and Juliette as the girl in Maroon 5 clip "She Will Be Loved" Corinne Carrey. ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
For my mother.  The best person I've ever known.
The world might be sunny-side up today.

"Juliette has escaped to Omega Point, the headquarters of the rebel resistance and a safe haven for people with abilities like hers. She is finally free from The Reestablishment and their plans to use her as a weapon, but Warner, her former captor, won't let her go without a fight."--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,252,929 books! | Top bar: Always visible