HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Loading...

Unravel Me (edition 2013)

by Tahereh Mafi

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
7287912,878 (4.09)13
Member:TequilaReader
Title:Unravel Me
Authors:Tahereh Mafi
Info:HarperCollins (2013), Hardcover, 480 pages
Collections:June, To read, Current TBR, eBook, Needs Tags
Rating:
Tags:eBook TBR

Work details

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

None.

None
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 13 mentions

English (78)  Dutch (1)  English (79)
Showing 1-5 of 78 (next | show all)
I just cant seem to get into this book. Im gonna take a break from it and come back to it later.
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
I love warner in this book so much , i don't think i would put any proper review about it soon.

but i want to rant about it .. CHAPTER 62 ! and Aaron , what a beautiful name for a character like him , he is one of my first bookish villain/boyfriends .

Juliette was so annoying at times ( not surprising) but by the end i felt like her character developed and grew some back-bone

I admit , the only thing i love so much about this series is Warner (chapter 62 guuuuys!!) ( )
  Spymer | Aug 22, 2016 |
This book reads and manic and stilting as the first ... and that's spot-on for the character Mafi has created. In fact, if the book read any smoother, I wouldn't be as interested.

Juliette is messed up. She's emotionally damaged, so the short chapters and scribbles really help to get that across visually (in case you don't pick up on it on your own). It's another layer of interest Mafi has added to a story that already has me completely captivated. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
Puntos a resaltar de este libro:

1.) Kenji. He's the best. Todo lo que sale de su boca es un tesoro, pero ese momento en el que le dice a Juliette que deje de ser patética es de lo mejor que he leído en mi vida en un libro YA:

“All you do is sit around and think about your feelings. You’ve got problems. Boo-freaking-hoo,” he says. “Your parents hate you and it’s so hard but you have to wear gloves for the rest of your life because you kill people when you touch them. Who gives a shit?” He’s breathing hard enough for me to hear him. “As far as I can tell, you’ve got food in your mouth and clothes on your back and a place to pee in peace whenever you feel like it. Those aren’t problems. That’s called living like a king. And I’d really appreciate it if you’d grow the hell up and stop walking around like the world crapped on your only roll of toilet paper. Because it’s stupid,” he says, barely reining in his temper. “It’s stupid, and it’s ungrateful. You don’t have a clue what everyone else in the world is going through right now. You don’t have a clue, Juliette. And you don’t seem to give a damn, either.”



2.) Warner. ¿Podría acaso ser mas perfecto? Bueno supongo que si no fuese un asesino sería muchísimo mejor pero who cares? Aquí vemos un nuevo lado de Warner, un lado más humano y luego de la escena del perrito callejero le perdono lo que sea, además esa escena en el cuarto de Juliette...



3.) La guerra. Aunque todo el cuento de esa gente "especial" viviendo junta y siendo liderados por un hombre super amable, inteligente y comprensivo me recuerda a little too much a The X-Men me alegra finalmente ver un poco más de acción -aunque sea literalmente: un poco-, y tener también una mayor visión de como funciona el mundo actual y como llegó a estar como está.

4.) El "secreto". Una vez que dijeron que Adam tenía "poderes" me imagine que el único motivo por el cual Warner podía tocar a Juliette es porque él también tenía poderes. ¿Dos chicos con el mismo poder (sólo mas tarde me di cuenta que no es realmente el mismo poder), un padre abusador y una madre ausente? ¿Casualidad?



Así que el que dijeran que eran hermanos solo me parecía cuestión de tiempo. Y no me equivoque aunque originalmente pensaba que eran hermanos por parte de madre y padre, y no únicamente medio hermanos. Mala mía.


(Ok, acabo de darme cuenta que mis prioridades en la historia primero son Kenji y Warner y sólo en ultimo lugar es que pienso en la trama. Creo que hay algo mal conmigo.)

El final de este libro también me dejo queriendo más Warner así que seguramente hoy voy a abandonar todas mis responsabilidades (de nuevo) y comenzar [b:Ignite Me|13188676|Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)|Tahereh Mafi|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1375972497s/13188676.jpg|40181098].

PD: ¿Acaso soy la única que se imagina a Angelina Jolie en Tomb Raider cada vez que mencionan el traje de Juliette?



¿Acaso soy la única que cree que mencionan demasiado el traje de Juliette? ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
Parent review

I would give this book series four or five stars based on the story line alone. As an xmen fan, I loved this story line. I loved the characters and the weird writing grew on me. However as a momma, I would never let my young teenage girls read this book. (Thus a 3) It was full of colorful language and very intimate in places. I kept thinking man I would not want my daughter to read this and then go on a date. ( )
  cool-mom-e | May 7, 2016 |
Showing 1-5 of 78 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
For my mother.  The best person I've ever known.
First words
The world might be sunny-side up today.
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English

None

Book description
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

"Juliette has escaped to Omega Point, the headquarters of the rebel resistance and a safe haven for people with abilities like hers. She is finally free from The Reestablishment and their plans to use her as a weapon, but Warner, her former captor, won't let her go without a fight."--… (more)

(summary from another edition)

» see all 2 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
258 wanted3 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (4.09)
0.5
1 2
1.5
2 9
2.5 1
3 40
3.5 8
4 58
4.5 7
5 85

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,641,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible