Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me (edition 2013)

by Tahereh Mafi

Title:Unravel Me
Authors:Tahereh Mafi
Info:HarperCollins (2013), Hardcover, 480 pages
Collections:June, To read, Current TBR, eBook, Needs Tags
Tags:eBook TBR

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

English (69)  Dutch (1)  All languages (70)
I rated the first book in this series with four stars, but I dropped a star for this one because I got annoyed by the shift from a dystopian fantasy novel with a hint of romance to a romance with a hint of dystopian fantasy. I was particularly annoyed by the sheer amount of heterosexual teenage lust, and especially the narrator's constant descriptions of how beautiful the two boys she's attracted to are, as though her attraction was primarily superficial. The author seems to have lost track of her world-building and instead tried to tap into the Twilight fanbase with the moody romantic bits, which are my least favorite aspect of young adult fantasy. I'm not yet sure if I'll listen to the third book in the series, when it's released. ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |
More like a 3.5 to me. I felt that this sequel was a vast improvement in Mafi's writing style from Juliette's point-of-view. I can't say that I'm loving the love-triangle but oh well. Warner fans will be happy. To see my full review visit my blog here: http://brittanysbookrambles.blogspot.... ( )
  bpress | Apr 20, 2015 |
Wow. Just wow.

I don't even know how to write a review for this without giving away spoilers. So I'll just say that about half-way through this book I was flabbergasted by the plot twist.

Not a huge fan of potty-mouths in books. I feel like it's a cop-out for more descriptive word choices.

Other than that, I loved it. Even the whole clichéd love triangle. I love it when an author makes me sympathetic toward a villain.

Looking forward to book 3. ( )
  lauraodom | Apr 16, 2015 |

englisherna | Apr 8, 2015 |
This book was even better than the first one if that's possible! ( )
  Verkruissen | Mar 25, 2015 |
For my mother.  The best person I've ever known.
The world might be sunny-side up today.

"Juliette has escaped to Omega Point, the headquarters of the rebel resistance and a safe haven for people with abilities like hers. She is finally free from The Reestablishment and their plans to use her as a weapon, but Warner, her former captor, won't let her go without a fight."--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,952,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible