Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me (edition 2013)

by Tahereh Mafi

Member:TequilaReader
Title:Unravel Me
Authors:Tahereh Mafi
Info:HarperCollins (2013), Hardcover, 480 pages
Collections:June, To read, Current TBR, eBook, Needs Tags

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

English (56)  Dutch (1)  All languages (57)
I was so done with this series after reading Shatter Me. I disliked that book so much that I could not imagine forcing myself to read the rest of the books in the series. If I had to read one more synonym for blue, I would have lost my mind. I gave up.

And then I read this book.

I mostly read it because I have a few bookish friends who couldn't believe that I gave up on the series and kept telling me that it gets so much better. So, in an effort to get them off of my back (and not really believing that the series WOULD get better), I decided to read the second book.

And I liked it.

A lot.

Damn you, Tahereh Mafi!

So pretty much everything that I had problems with in Shatter Me was addressed and/or fixed in this book. Juliette grows up, fast, and she's no longer one of those love-sick puppies who can only focus on her own heart while the rest of the world goes to hell around her. It's explained why both Adam and Warner can touch Juliette while no one else can - they're half brothers, surprise! - and both of them have powers of a sort that allow them to touch her. Sort of. Because Adam's doesn't really help all that much as he relaxes more around Juliette and she almost (accidentally) kills him. Oops.

So this book, surprisingly, has almost everything I could want it to have. And I'm both shocked and delighted. ( )
  schatzi | Aug 16, 2014 |
Warner. What. Happened. Why. Do. I. Like. You. Now?

I'm actually an official "Team Warner" member right now. Chapter 62 :))) ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
Warner. What. Happened. Why. Do. I. Like. You. Now?

I'm actually an official "Team Warner" member right now. Chapter 62 :))) ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
I love this series. A little wordy in the description part but I love the story line. I can't wait until the next one comes out. Excellent read! ( )
  nycke137 | Jul 29, 2014 |
  nycke137 | Jul 29, 2014 |

"Juliette has escaped to Omega Point, the headquarters of the rebel resistance and a safe haven for people with abilities like hers. She is finally free from The Reestablishment and their plans to use her as a weapon, but Warner, her former captor, won't let her go without a fight."--… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,770,503 books! | Top bar: Always visible