The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

The Mark of Athena (edition 2012)

by Rick Riordan, Joshua Swanson (Narrator)

Member:readergirl1206
Title:The Mark of Athena
Authors:Rick Riordan
Other authors:Joshua Swanson (Narrator)
Info:Random House (2012), Preloaded Digital Audio Player
Rating:*****

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

(5.0)
  mshampson | Nov 13, 2014 |
This book focused a lot on Annabeth and her quest to fulfill an old prophecy. Just like always, I am never disappointed with Rick Riordan's books. ( )
  TeresaCruz | Oct 11, 2014 |
One word: EPIC. It's action-packed and it makes you sit on on the edge of your seat. I especially love the cliffhanger at the very end of the book. Plus, I love the way all of the seven main characters have their own important part in the story. Some of them even have chapters where it's in their POV, which (in my opinion) helps me visualize the events better. Overall I think it's a great book. ( )
  NinjaGirl731 | Oct 3, 2014 |
I found this book to be quite intriguing. I enjoyed how it stays to the plot of the other books, however I believe some characters are not focused enough on. I am a total super fan of these books.

I am not finished reading the book, and I am excited to find out what happens next. I am a little unnerved what will happen when Annabeth faces the weaver. I really thought it was amazing when Leo found the room full of old Greek inventions.

I enjoyed this book thoroughly so far, and I hope in the next books that some of the other characters will be focused more on. Rick Riordan is my all time favorite author, and I love ALL of his books. I love how the Heros of Olympus series really interacts with The Lightning thief series. I am super excited to read the end, and move to The house of hades.
  4snowy3 | Oct 3, 2014 |
Why end like that? :( My two favorite persons fell into Tartarus and I don't have anything to do but to wait for the next book. House of Hades, puhlease? ♥ ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
In the mark of Athena percy and his friends have to find the statue of athena. They try to make friends with camp jupiter and ghosts control Leo into starting war for camp jupiter. These same ghosts in the story control Percy and Jason into a big fight with each other. Percy and jason feel useless in one point of the book, cause golden boy is way to good for them in a sword fight. They meet hercales to get into the ancient lands and they have to tear a bulls horn off. Then as thy are leaving annabeth shoots food out of the horn and traps heracules in food.
added by Isaiahl.b4 | editisaiahl.b4

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Speedy
Strays and wanderers are often sent by the gods.
Until she met the exploding statue, Annabeth thought she was prepared for anything.

Annabeth is terrified.
Just when she's about to be reunited with Percy =- after six months of being apart, thanks to Hera - it looks lIke Camp Jupiter is preparing for war.

As Annabeth and her friends Jason, Piper and Leo fly in on the Argo II, she can't blame the Roman demigods for thinking the ship is a Greek weapon. with its steaming bronze dragon figurehead, Leo's fantastical creation doesn't appear friendly. Annabeth hopes that the sight of their praetor Jason on deck will reassure the Romans that the visitors form Camp Half-Blood are coming in peace.

And that's only one of her worries. IN her pocket, Annabeth carries a gift form her mother that came from an unnerving command: Follow the Mark of Athena. Avenge me. Annabeth already feels weighted down by the prophecy that will send seven demigods on a quest to find - and close - the Doors of Death. What more does Athena want from her?

Annabeth's biggest fear, though, is that Percy may have changed. What if he's now attached to Roman ways? Does he still need his old friends? As the daughter of the goddess of war and wisdom, Annabeth knows she was born to be a leader - but never again does she want to be without Seaweed Brain by her side.

Narrated by four different Demigods, the Mark of Athena is an unforgettable journey across land and sea to Rome, where important discoveries, surprising sacrifices, and unspeakable horrors await. Climb aboard the Argo II, if you dare...

From jacket cover. Putting it back on, discovered there's a cut out of the Argos II under the back flap with instructions on how to build your very own Argos II.

"The Greek and Roman demigods will have to cooperate in order to defeat the giants released by the Earth Mother, Gaea. Then they will have to sail together to the ancient land--Greece itself--to find the Doors of Death"--

637 wanted4 pay7 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,025,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible