The Rising (Darkness Rising) by Kelley…

The Rising (Darkness Rising) (edition 2013)

by Kelley Armstrong

Member:LizziA
Title:The Rising (Darkness Rising)
Authors:Kelley Armstrong
Info:HarperCollins (2013), Hardcover, 416 pages
Rating:*****

The Rising by Kelley Armstrong

A solid ending to a solid series ( )
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
Filled with adventure, surprises, and action, The Rising was an exciting conclusion to the Darkness Rising trilogy. I loved how the author brought in the characters from the Darkest Powers trilogy, a sister series. She melded the story-lines together excellently. I enjoyed the both series immensely. With a a bit of a twist ending, this third book is sure to please fans.

"/>

captainbooknerd | Jan 11, 2018 |
ahhhh! So good. Love it.
I dragged it out for so long because I didn't want it to end.
Such a good story.

She needs to write more. ( )
  Shahnareads | Jun 21, 2017 |
The Rising is the final book in the Darkness Rising series. After reading all three books in the series, I really think it could have all been edited down into one book and it might have been a little better. I did enjoy the story, but the ending felt a little anticlimactic to me. Armstrong really painted herself into a corner because of the way the events of the story were built and the development of the issues the characters faced. However, the emotions were high in the story and the ending was satisfying. ( )
  Mrslabraden | May 31, 2016 |
After escaping certain death, Maya, Corey and Daniel are on the run and each are further developing their own powers with mixed results. They do some investigation and find a contact that might be able to help them but it turns into a dead end. Although out of that contact, they do find Maya's twin brother, Ash. Ash turns out to be as gifted as Maya. although not a shifter, he does give them some street skills from surviving on his own in Vancouver for the last three years.

The characters are well written and likeable and leave you wanting to know more even at the end. It's comsided a young adult book, but I have read this entire series and really enjoyed it. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
For Julia
I WAS RUNNING THROUGH the forest.
[All the girls have been put in Tori's bedroom. Chloe is supposed to be with them, but isn't.]

That left me with Hayley and Victoria -- Tori, as everyone called her. She sat cross-legged on her bed, watching us like (sic) we were stray cats someone had stuck in her room -- strays that were liable to pee on her ankle boots and shed all over her designer jeans. (chapter 40)

"The race for survival comes to a thrilling conclusion when Maya and her friends--who all have supernatural powers--find help against the Cabals from unexpected places"--Provided by publisher.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,578,610 books! | Top bar: Always visible