Dangerous by Shannon Hale

Dangerous (2014)

by Shannon Hale

Dangerous is a superpower, alien, romance book.
I like the heroine, but she’s not the best one that I’ve met.
The book is a good influence on teenagers, and I can see why it is for young adults, even though the writing style and language is middle school level.
I like how it keeps you guessing about who is good and who is evil.
What makes it sort of addictive is that every ending of a chapter is a cliffhanger, even though sometimes it does not always have to be. On the bad side, this also makes it a bit overly dramatic, which can be entertaining, though.
I also like that it is funny, although some content was pretty crazy. The idea of a space elevator attached to an asteroid is pretty intriguing.
Finally, I think that the marketing is pretty good and relates well to the content of the book.
All in all, it was all right. ( )
  888Molly | Mar 26, 2016 |
I follow Shannon Hale's blog, so I've read a lot of her thoughts on this book. Such as her worry that a one-armed, part Latino who is home-schooled would be too different for any of her audience to relate to. Or that she's a woman embarking on territory female authors tend to stay away from. Or that she's genre hopping. I also read some pretty harsh reviews on the book.

So I went in skeptical, and a little afraid that this would be the Shannon Hale book that I wouldn't like.

But I did like it. A lot. Parts of the book were a little bit too Stephenie Meyers–like (this book might not work for people who are true sci-fi fans), but overall it was just entertaining. Well worth the time I spent reading it. ( )
  AngelClaw | Feb 2, 2016 |
it had aliens, body invasion, lots of betrayal, teamwork, world saving, cool names, super powers, murder, tragedy, and love. the teenage angst wasn't annoying and the teenage infatuation wasn't too sappy. and i am sooooooooooooooo glad the cover is not a boy or girl cover since both would love it. ( )
  kdf_333 | Jan 16, 2016 |
For Wren, who is a superhero
The warehouse was coffin dark.

When aspiring astronaut Maisie Danger Brown, who was born without a right hand, and the other space camp students get the opportunity to do something amazing in space, Maisie must prove how dangerous she can be and how far she is willing to go to protect everything she has ever loved.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,638,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible