Caller ID by Rachelle J. Christensen

CALLER ID by Rachel J. Christensen is the most enjoyable,and engaging book I have ever read. I just couldn't put it down. A very interesting read with romance,a kidnapping scheme,it is a fast paced,nail-bitting suspense story. Courtney Beckham is a great character. A very good read.I would highly recommend "Caller Id" to anyone who enjoys romance,suspense, intrigue,a bit of mystery,Christian(which is not preachy)and clean romance.A must read! Received for an honest review from the publisher. Details can be found at Sweetwater Books,an imprint of Cedar Fort,Inc,the author's website/blog, and My Book Addiction and More.

RATING: 5

HEAT RATING: SWEET

REVIEWED BY: DorothyA,My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Apr 7, 2012 |
*This eGalley was provided by NetGalley in behalf of Sweetwater Books, an imprint of Cedar Fort.

“I’m a resourceful girl” (pg. 178 eGalley), says Courtney Beckham, a twenty-three year old college student who, over the course of a week, is kidnapped and thrown into a world of mystery and deception. Jason, an FBI agent, is on a mission to save Court before time runs out, but will what he finds put her in more danger?

Reading Caller ID certainly made me feel like I was watching an episode of Criminal Minds or some other crime show. I sat at the edge of my seat waiting for the next clue or complication. Most times I wanted to shout to the cops what happened to Court and other times I wanted to jump through the book and help them when they hit dead ends.

It surprised me, the amount of action in Caller ID. I expected this to be strictly mystery and about solving the crime. There were so many moments of hope where I thought that Court was fine and everything was finished, but something or someone else always came up. I loved that sense of not knowing what to expect.

The web of deceit woven into the story line wasn’t complex at all. I could follow and understand what was going on as I read, but I still wasn’t able to put everything together until the end. I was pretty much suspicious of everyone, but always missing some important fact, just like the detectives in the story.

Caller ID has a surprising ending with a hint of sweetness. I’d recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good crime novel with a little romance. ( )
  LoveyDoveyBooks | Mar 22, 2012 |
Courtney Beckham leads a privileged life, and she knows it. She is beautiful and rich. Everything changes one day when she is on a horseback ride. She soon discovers a secret being hidden in the beautiful mountains next to her home. This secret causes her life to be put in peril when she is kidnapped. Now Courtney must try and find a way to stay safe and alive. Things become very complicated though, and now Courtney wonders if she will ever be able to get out of this mess. It will take everything Courtney has to survive this ordeal, but dealing with the aftermath may be even harder.

This was a mysterious and thrilling read. I thought I knew exactly where the story was going, but things got twisted and turned around several times. I like when a story can surprise you. Courtney was a great character. At first I thought she seemed a bit spoiled, but she proved me wrong. I also cannot blame her for being attracted to the hunky FBI agent trying to help her out, Jason. They made a good team. As I said before, there were several things I didn't see coming, and I am usually pretty good at guessing what will happen. There was a twist at the end that particularly caught me by surprise. It helped to make for a very satisfying ending.

Fans of mysteries and suspense will enjoy this book. It wastes no time getting to the action, and then the action doesn't stop until the end. The book was also very fast-paced, so it is able to keep your interest very well. I don't know if I'd read it at night though; it has aspects of a thriller. I definitely worried about Courtney's safety. It is a quick read though, and one which many people will enjoy.

Book provided for review. ( )
  l_manning | Mar 15, 2012 |
When I requested this book I didn't realize that it was the second book, and that one of the characters from the first book was in the second book, but it works fine as a standalone so don't let that stop you from reading it. I thought this was a good mystery/thriller with likable characters and a good plot. There was a lot of action in the story and it moved along at a good pace. The writing was also very easy to read, as evidenced by the fact that I read it in one day!

Courtney comes across to people as a shallow little rich girl, 23 years old and sowing her oats during her college years before she settles down in the future. When she comes upon a secret hidden in the woods near her home one day while out horseback riding, her problems have only just begun. She is kidnapped and terrorized, but she never gives up trying to escape. It turns out there's a lot more to her than meets the eye! There were a lot of twists and turns to this story, enough to keep you guessing most of the time. The FBI is called in and one of the agents, Jason, figures out that Courtney isn't just the spoiled girl she appears to be, and he makes it his personal mission to find her.

I was very happy with most of the book, although at the end there is a big twist that I just didn't feel was believable. It kind of threw me off and took away some of my enjoyment of the story. Other than that, though, I can definitely recommend this book to anybody who loves a good mystery/thriller, and I will be going back to read the first book Rachelle Christensen wrote, Wrong Number :D ( )
  jwitt33 | Mar 14, 2012 |

Courtney Beckham, a twenty-three-year-old daughter of a rich and highly successful land developer, is abducted in the mountains near her home and held for ransom.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,455,287 books! | Top bar: Always visible