Sunrise Point (Virgin River) by Robyn Carr

Sunrise Point (Virgin River) (edition 2012)

by Robyn Carr

165None72,908 (3.95)1
Member:pennykaplan
Title:Sunrise Point (Virgin River)
Authors:Robyn Carr
Info:Mira (2012), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Virgin river, nora crane, romance!

Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr

Recently added bykelshaw2, JeanneSue, avocapl, private library, 5011231, 1321501, jailswnc, jo2son
#19 (1) 2012 (3) 070512 (1) 4/12 (1) Adult Fiction (2) apple farm (1) book 19 (2) Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (2) contemporary (7) contemporary romance (4) ebook (2) fiction (10) K (1) Kindle (2) Large Print (2) nora (1) paperback (4) pb (4) pbook (1) R (1) read (3) RO (1) romance (15) Romance! (1) series (6) to-read (5) Tom (1) Virgin River (10) wd (1) wishlist (2)

Another wonderful journey into Virgin River and the beginning of a new plot...
Can't wait for more :) ( )
  Lost_Lenore | Nov 2, 2013 |
Sunrise Point A Virgin River Novel: Book 3
ISBN: 9780778313175
Author: Robyn Carr
feb 1 galley edition
Nora, who had at Christmas came to Virgin River and the townspeople had helped
her and her two small infants out, is now applying for a job apple picking to
help with expenses as her two part-time jobs just don't make a lot.
She gets many of the local women to help with the kids so she can work at the
orchard til Tom finds out she's been injured. He takes matters into his own hands.
He recalls another woman that he fell in love with one season and doesn't want to
have that repeated with Nora.
They find themselves talking more to one another and realizing they come from
very similar backgrounds as far as family goes. Things happen with Nora to reunite
with her family and she shares with him what she's been able to find out.
As Tom has been busy repairing his orchard fences he enforces that Nora wait for him
to pick her up and drop her off from work or the wild animals might mistake her for
food. The scenery is very country, everything is wild, flowers, food and animals.
Sounds like a heavenly place to grow up where others care about one another and are
there to help lend a hand when one is needed.
She tries to rebuild her past with help from Jed and the memories she did have that her
mother told her never happened, did in fact happen. She's got a lot of healing to do to
trust again.
Tom has a deceased buddy's wife to visit for a weekend as she's on her way t study at a
nearby university. She's just gorgeous and Nora can't compete with even her looks, never
mind her clothes or car.
Nora needs time to heal still and not feel like she's a failure.
Other people in town come back to visit and it brings you up to date with what's going on
in their lives. Even if you've never read a virgin river book you are introduced to the people
as if you had never read any of the series, but if you have read the prior books it's just a
good refresher course in what is the latest with them.
Like how this book is so up to date with current events in the country: the BP oil spill and
how one of the people in the book are involved or perceived to work in the area and we are
told and given different opinions of what's really going on there.
choices, so many of them... ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
Tom Cavanaugh and Nora Crane ( )
  sshelley1 | Jul 22, 2013 |
This one just didn't do it for me. A big part of it was the dialog (and good heavens, this one has a lot of dialog! At times it seemed that's all this book was, one conversation after another sprinkled here and there with internal musings)--it just didn't read to me as real conversations that normal people would have. Even the internal dialog just didn't ring true. The romance--such as it was--was extremely slow to develop, up until the last ten pages or so, when it went into hyperdrive. It almost felt as if Carr suddenly realized she had to wrap it up, and wrap it up darn quick. Overall, it was extremely predictable, which isn't necessarily a bad thing (nor unexpected, in the romance genre), but a few surprises--with the writing if not with the plot--here or there would be nice. Once again a seemingly unrelated and random plot line was inserted--and yes, it's obviously in order to give the new character, Coop, his own book in the future, I get that--but it really didn't increase my interest in either this story or the future one; instead it just made this one seem even longer than it already was.

Eternal optimist that I am, I'm still going ahead with the series--I just hope the next installment has more going for it than this one, which just seemed to be resting on the series' laurels a bit too much. ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 3, 2013 |
Sunrise Point by Robin Carr takes us back to the wooded hills of Virgin River. This is the nineteenth book in the Virgin River series. If you follow my reviews you know this is one of my favorite small-town contemporary romance series. I was delighted that Carr brought us Nora Crane’s story. Carr delivers a heart-felt romance built on friendship and trust.

We first met Nora and her two small children in the novel Bring Me Home for Christmas. She and her girls had been left in an old abandon home without any means of supporting themselves. That Christmas the people of Virgin Rivers reached out providing food and support. Slowly with their help Nora has gotten back on her feet. She is a great mom and determined to be independent and someday give back. When she spots an ad for apple pickers for the Cavanaugh farm she is eager to apply. When she interviews with handsome, Tom Cavanaugh he takes one look at this petite, pretty mother of two and turns her down for the job. He doesn’t think she can handle it and he’s fearful of the attraction he immediately feels for her. Maxine, Tom’s beloved grandmother has other plans. She sees herself in Nora and informs them both that Nora is hired. The tale that unfolds is absolutely delightful as Nora and Tom figure out what is important in life. The romance is slow and bittersweet and grows from friendship.

Tom Cavanaugh is a likable guy. He is an ex-marine who has returned to the family farm to help run it with his grandmother Maxine. His war experiences and loss of his fellow soldiers have given him an appreciation of all that Virgin River and his family farm have to offer. The only thing missing is a woman in his life. He knows exactly what he wants and that’s someone who is smart and respectable like his grandmother. What he feels for Nora is confusing because she is nothing like his grandmother. Or is she? When the widow of one of his old units shows up, he thinks he may have found the perfect woman. Oh how I hated Darla. This woman has an agenda and Tom is at the top of her list. Watching Tom figure it all out hand me rapidly turning the pages. I consumed this novel in one afternoon.

Carr’s tales of this small town and its people capture me every time. If Virgin River was a real town, I would want to live there. She has created characters that feel like family and call you home again and again. We didn’t see a lot of the townspeople, but we do get a story about Jack and an ex-pilot named Hank Copper. This side-tale wasn’t very exciting, but if I know Carr she is preparing us for his story. For my delicate readers, this romance offers some hot and heavy kisses and hand-holding. There is one love scene that is mostly implied. It complements the tale and felt genuine and sweet.

I highly recommend Sunrise Point to fans of contemporary romance and small-town tales. While this is the nineteenth book in the series, you will be delighted to know that each of them can be read as a standalone.
I want to thank netGalley and Mira publishing for providing this ARC in exchange for my unbiased review.
  kimbacaffeinate | Mar 30, 2013 |

When he returns home to Virgin River to take over his family's apple orchard and settle down, former Marine Tom Cavanaugh falls for single mother Nora Crane, who is helping out during harvest time.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,455,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible