The Flinch by Julien Smith

The Flinch

by Julien Smith

Very quick read but very motivating! ( )
  becka11y2 | Jan 19, 2016 |
I read this book. I didn't like it because I disagree with the points given.

The Flinch happens because of your thinking process. You make a call. There's a chance of someone shouting at you. You Flinch before making the call. That's natural.

CBT is more practical for me than to "push through with the Flinch". With CBT you identify why you are afraid of someone shouting at you and you're able to make changes in yourself so that the next time you hear the person shouting it doesn't hurt you so much. That's growing stronger.

This book is more like "grow a pair man!", "you need to face it" etc. From my own personal experience if you brashly keep pushing yourself towards the Flinching situation without consoling yourself then eventually you will burn out. Your mind will find ways to avoid that situation in indirect ways. ( )
  MugenHere | Jul 12, 2015 |
Blah, Blah, Blah. Don't be afraid to take a change. It's interesting for a free read, but it takes a LOOOOOOOOOONG time to get to the point, which isn't a very new point.

It might interest people who like self-help or motivational books. ( )
  EinfachMich | Sep 21, 2013 |
A self-help ebook which I think I only have because it was free on Amazon. It basically says "stop being afraid of things that aren't scary, like phoning someone or watching sitcom characters do embarrassing things. It's not like you'll be eaten by bears if you do those things, so just do them constantly and maybe you'll get over it." Well, I already know that and being told it doesn't make it any better, sorry! ( )
1 vote tronella | Jun 29, 2012 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,060,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible