Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Gender works : Oxfam experience in policy and practice
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0855984074, Paperback)This important book is a multi-authored contribution to development debates on integrating gender issues into development institutions. The specially commissioned articles in Gender Works chart the experience of Oxfam in turning words into action on gender issues. It is a major contribution to the literature on "Gender in Development" and to the broader field of integrating gender issues into organizations. This is a key book for development researchers, practitioners, academics, and policymakers worldwide. Contributors are from South and North, women and men, who work for or with Oxfam GB and other national Oxfams including Oxfam America and Novib.
The book is in five sections, each with an overview and between 4 and 6 papers. Introduction: In the name of gender; Management of gender issues; Organizational procedures; Evolution and solutions: The history of gender issues; Working at different levels; Challenges of implementation; Learning and good practice.
· A clear and critical analysis of failures as well as successes in integrating gender into the work and structures of a major development NGO
· Practical contribution to the field, including an account of what really happened to one of the leading practitioners in the field
· A readable account which combines personal/professional experiences with analytical points. ‘Gender Works’ is organized in five sections:
1. The Challenges of Implementation
2. Organizational culture and procedures
3. The role of the specialist team
4. Working at different levels
5. Building capacity
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:49 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.