La Desperada by Patricia Burroughs

La Desperada (1988)

by Patricia Burroughs

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Ugh. No, sorry. None of the men have a backbone - Coulter has an obsession (or two) masquerading as one, that's all. And the women are worse. She's got to get away - so her first thought is to find a man to attach herself to? And of course it's True Love - I didn't actually read the sequence, I quit on their second or third day of running. Skimmed, and didn't see anything worth going deeper for. The screenplay at the end is no better. Aside from concatenating Wendell and Micah (and who is Micah - the one question I'd like an answer to, but I'm not willing to subject myself to the rest of the book to find out). ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Mar 4, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love historical novels, and Ms. Burroughs' novel is definitely a reader pleaser! I loved every minute of this well written, richly detailed story. From mysterious intrigue, to amazing passion romance, this book has everything that suspense and romance lovers alike will love. Each page turn brought something new to the table for the reader and keeps them hooked until the very last word. I am a fan for life and can't wait for more by this talented author! ( )
2 vote ReviewsbyMolly | Sep 14, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book through LibraryThing for Review. I found that the storyline dragged on quite a bit without really getting me invested in the fates of the characters. The love scenes were lack-luster and too drawn out. I kept wanting to like Elizabeth more than I did, but I just couldn't feel connected to her character. While some might find it an enjoyable read for the Western appeal, it wasn't really my thing. ( )
  besodenena | Sep 6, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The story kept my attention.
I was always wondered how they could resolve the problems. It seemed
the more I read thier were more problems to resolve.
Elizabeth Dougherty husband committed sucide in Cavendish,TX 1881
Her brother-in-law was sheriff and blamed her for it. He intended to rape her that night, but she got away by knocking him out with a
lamp.
In the jail was a gunman Boone Coulter she told him that if he would
take her away she would get him break him out. So Boone agreed.
Elizabeth put a drug in the coffee and when the deputy drank it she unlocked the jail.
As they were on the trail for a few days she learned that the men
Boone killed were the men that burned his whole family in the cabin.
He got his sister out, but she was hurt badly. His father ran into
get the baby and his mom but got trapped too.
Sheriff was after them both he knew that he had to kill boone before he could kill him. Plus he wanted his sister-in-law for himself.
Thier were a lot of love scenes that I skipped. Story was long and I did not read the screne play at the end.
I was given this ebook to read in exchange for honest review from librarything. ( )
  rhonda1111 | May 29, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I can't pin point what was missing in this story. It really took me a long time to read this and I pretty much forced myself to read it simply because I felt obligated to Library Thing to write a review. I found the love scenes to be way too long too, and not really needed for the story line. ( )
  crazyladyx5 | May 17, 2012 |

A desperate woman fleeing for her life holds a cold-blooded murderer at gunpoint and says, "Take me with you." Her bid for freedom and the bitter outlaw's quest for vengeance combine in a tale of grand passion and wild adventure, to become the stuff of legend, the legend of "La Desperada."… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Patricia Burroughs's book La Desperada was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Patricia Burroughs is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,015,248 books! | Top bar: Always visible