475 Tax Deductions for Businesses and…

475 Tax Deductions for Businesses and Self-Employed Individuals: An A-to-Z…

by Bernard B. Kamoroff

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I am a small business owner and an individual with a lovely wife who spends her late winter months demanding all of my information for the tax CPA than does our taxes. This book made her task easier for the future and helped me put the information in order so that the CPA doesn't spend time, and our money, calling for clarifications.

The organization of the book makes it easy to find what you need to know and provides adequate information to help the small business and individual identify what transactions might have an impact on their tax position, and guides them to a tax professional for additional clarity when the readers facts don't seem to align perfectly with the author's examples.

This book, in it's current edition, belongs on the desk during planning and throughout the year as business is transacted. It will same many calls to the CPA or tax lawyer, and guide the business owner to the pros when it's needed. ( )
  BrucesBasementBooks | Jan 24, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book contains a very sizable list of possible deductions for the do-it-yourself tax types. It seems well-researched and offers deductions for just about everything, all cataloged in an easy to find way. I'm a big believer in hiring great accountants to handle things like deductions, but if I were to attempt to do things on my own, I think Kamoroff's book would be very useful. ( )
  dodger | Jul 31, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A laundry list of things that might be valid tax deductions. Not very complete in detailing how each potential deduction could be used, and as usual with this sort of book, the count of 475 might be a stretch. I was not aware that this was a revised guide until the book arrived. I would have found it more useful to view at the library for a few moments and put back onto the shelf.
  commingledfibers | Apr 19, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Good reference for the self-employed to be thinking about maximizing their deductions. While not legal advice this book should go a long way towards educating you about what is possible and what is generally permissible. If you are new in business you will still want to consult a tax professional. Recommended for all small business owners who are stating out in business. ( )
  BookWallah | Mar 11, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
If you do some self-employed work, you know that taxes can be a bitch. What you might not know is just what can be written off. This book doesn't delve deep....in of itself it won't get you through tax season. However, it can call your attention to certain deductions you might not have been aware. On some topics, the author elaborates a little more where appropriate.

This book is nice for do-it-your-self tax preparers, and elaborates nicely on some of the things tax software might throw out there with little explanation. If you use an accountant, then this book might, at best, give you a few more questions to ask him. I wish I could say I found a hidden fortune here...but after doing my own taxes for years, I have a pretty good idea what is permissible and what is not. I could see it helping some, however. ( )
  JeffV | Feb 10, 2012 |

"Are you paying more taxes than you have to? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you're entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, "If you don't claim it, you don't get it. That's money down the drain for millions of Americans." This invaluable book, updated to reflect changes in tax laws that took effect in 2011, not only lists the individual items that are deductible--from internet domain name costs to theft losses--but also where to list them on your income tax form. "Tax law isn't easy," the author explains, "but this book is.""--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Bernard B. Kamoroff's book 475 Tax Deductions for Businesses and Self-Employed Individuals: An A-to-Z Guide to 100s of Tax... was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,370,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible