The Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley

The Golden Dynasty

by Kristen Ashley

Did I just read a Game of Thrones knock off? It was interesting ... if you like a lot of rape...not a place that would be very welcoming to a modern Earth woman.... ( )
  Tricialenht | May 29, 2018 |
  Tricialenht | May 29, 2018 |
I don't want to give this four stars because there is so much about this novel that is just wrong but three stars would be unfair ( )
  JayKale | Mar 3, 2018 |
WOW!!!!! This was the 3rd series I read by Kristen Ashley. I absolutely love her books!!!! They are always filled with humor. Always make me laugh out loud while reading. Love, love love it! I love time travel stories. This is my very FAVORITE book by Kristen Ashley. I could NOT put this book down. Circe wakes up in a primitive time thinking she is dreaming and will wake up soon. But, the dream is her new reality and what a fantasy and the alpha Dax Lahn chooses her as his.... WOW!!!!

All of her series are fabulous: Dream Man, Colorado Mountain, Chaos, Unfinished Hero, Rock Chick, The 'Burg, The Three, Magdolene... Every main character in a Kristen Ashley book are so funny, especially their friends. ( )
  MsButterfly | Aug 20, 2017 |
A word to the wise about these books: they’re… kinda like crack. Imagine there’s an alternate but magical reality where there’s a different version of you and that it’s possible to swap spots with your other version and live in that very different and magical world. In Wildest Dreams, the first installment of this series, Finnie Wilde made the choice to switch places. In Golden Dynasty, Circe Quinn had no knowledge of this alternate world and woke up in it terrified where she’s about to be set free by a primitive type people and hunted, captured, and raped by men who wish to find wives. It’s an ordeal that she didn’t think she would live through, but Circe survived and discovered that she had been caught by the King himself and was now Queen of these people.

Now, wait a minute!! I know what you’re thinking!! But for you Game of Thrones fans out there… how many of you ended up loving Khal Drogo and Daenerys together??

*cries* Why did he have to die?!

Because Golden Dynasty is a straight up epic Game of Thrones continuation story, taking you on a path that GRRM could never have dreamed up. It takes Khal Drogo and Daenerys’ story to a whole new and amazing level. How could she possibly fall in love with her rapist, you ask? Excellent question; I asked it myself. All I have to say is, Kristen Ashley works wonders in the development of Circe and Lahn’s relationship, generating one of the most intense and passionate romances I’ve read. She also delves deep into the culture of these people without turning it into some excuse for the heinous acts done. Suffice it to say, this entire series has been magical and I can see why Ashley is so beloved in the romance genre. ( )
  bonniemarjorie | Jun 2, 2017 |
I was running.

Circe Quinn goes to sleep at home and wakes up in a corral filled with women wearing sacrificial virgin attire - and she is one of them. She soon finds out that she’s not having a wild dream, she’s living a frightening nightmare where she’s been transported to a barren land populated by a primitive people and in short order, she’s installed very unwillingly on her white throne of horns as their Queen.

Circe and Lahn are separated by language, culture and the small fact she’s from a parallel universe and has no idea how she got there or how to get home. But facing challenge after challenge, Circe finds her footing as Queen of the brutal Korwahk Horde and wife to its King, then she makes friends then she finds herself falling in love with this primitive land, its people and especially their savage leader.

-Amazon.com

Circe Quinn goes to sleep at home and wakes up in a corral filled with women wearing sacrificial virgin attire - and she is one of them. She soon finds out that she's not having a wild dream, she's living a frightening nightmare where she's been transported to a barren land populated by a primitive people and in short order, she's installed very unwillingly on her white throne of horns as their Queen. Dax Lahn is the king of Suh Tunak, The Horde of the nation of Korwahk and with one look at Circe, he knows she will be his bride and together they will start The Golden Dynasty of legend. Circe and Lahn are separated by language, culture and the small fact she's from a parallel universe and has no idea how she got there or how to get home. But facing challenge after challenge, Circe finds her footing as Queen of the brutal Korwahk Horde and wife to its King, then she makes friends then she finds herself falling in love with this primitive land, its people and especially their savage leader.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,368,821 books! | Top bar: Always visible