It's a Dunder-Bull Wife by Karen…

It's a Dunder-Bull Wife

by Karen Cantwell

Great fun, great characters, great message. You should read before Christmas as it puts the fuss into perspective. Really wanted it to be longer but love the family. ( )
  louiseog | Jun 5, 2012 |
What a fun story! I really enjoyed reading this. I am new to books from Karen Cantwell. But I will be looking through her other works.

Karen's main character - Barbara is hilarious. I SO connected with her on page 1 - with the dirty sweats and the feelings of inadequacy when comparing myself to others I deem "better". She is normal...and that makes her so believable and fun to get to know.

I enjoyed the twist at the end. I won't ruin it - but good twist in a short story.

Read it! So worth it! ( )
  JJMM | May 11, 2012 |
From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

A very short story just in time for Christmas. Barbara Marr, beloved character of Take the Monkeys and Run and Citizen Insane, is ready to host the perfect Christmas. The kind of Christmas that one of the perfect Dunder-Bull wives would put on.

The Dunder-Bull area reminds me of Desperate Housewives. You know the type, they parent and host parties with what seems like flawless perfection and endless patience. Their kids are never dirty or rude, their houses are immaculate and their dinner parties tasteful and gourmet. How on earth do they do it all?

Well if nothing else Karen Cantwell gives us a Christmas tale for the ladies. And it's only 99cents. I had my Mother in Law read it yesterday and whenever the Nook freaked out on her, she freaked out on me, so it's not just my opinion that it's good. ;) ( )
  lilacwolf | Dec 20, 2011 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Karen Cantwell's book It's a Dunder-Bull Wife was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Karen Cantwell is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,444,705 books! | Top bar: Always visible