Prince of Air and Darkness by Jenna Black

Prince of Air and Darkness

by Jenna Black

152647,891 (3)None

Was actually a DNF. I'm so disappointed. I usually enjoy books by this author very much. The heroine didn't do much for me, and the hero.GAH. Mope, sulk, whine, despair..How was I supposed to be motivated to like this guy? holy hell. Yuck. ( )
  Readsalot81 | Mar 29, 2013 |
Hunter Teague is the immortal half-human son of the Unseelie’s Queen of Air and Darkness, and even he’s too afraid of her sadistic punishments to go against her orders. So he takes it in stride when told to seduce and impregnate the mortal half-human daughter of the Seelie’s King Finvarra so that the queen could have some power over both courts with the child. It should be fairly easy. Kiera Malone isn’t someone he’d normally give a second look to, but she’s not bad.

Kiera, a web designer, can’t understand how a massage therapist can make enough money to buy the clothes this guy is wearing when he meets to talk about getting his website up. She knows something is off. And damn, she’s having trouble keeping her thoughts off of what she’s seeing and can imagine him doing. But Kiera is strong-willed and is able to shut down the effect his glamour has on her; at least when she concentrates on it. She’s the first woman to not immediately succumb and Hunter is intrigued. Can he go through with his plans after getting to know her? Can he afford not to?

Jenna Black has written a very steamy story with a great deal of sexual tension. The seduction scenes are hotter than many erotica stories I’ve read. The story is a complete rewrite of a short story the author had on her website, titled Embraced in Darkness. I wish the story had been a little longer. I’d really like to learn more about Kiera’s best friend, Jackson, mother, Cathy and the phooka Cathy has fallen in love with. Perhaps a couple of short stories?

Most of my readings involving the Seelie and Unseelie courts are from Laurell K Hamilton’s Merry Gentry series. I enjoyed the different slant on the courts and would like to see another story set in this same world. ( )
  dearheart | Dec 27, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,834 books! | Top bar: Always visible