Samurai Game by Christine Feehan

Christine Feehan is one of my favorite authors. I have read the "Dark" series since I found "Dark Prince more years ago than I care to remember. When the "Ghost Walker" series came out, I tried the first one and just couldn't read it. I picked them up a few years later and found I loved them. Senior moment I guess. This one didn't have the same excitement for me as the others. I'm not a prude, but it seemed there was more sex and less story than in any of the others. Overall, I really liked the book because of the past characters that appeared though out it. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I originally skipped this title in the series because I really didn't enjoy the one before it (Street Game). Truthfully I was getting sick of more and more new characters being introduced when all I really wanted was to hear the stories of the original two teams.
This book was exactly what I wanted out of this series: for once the heroine is as kick-ass as she should be, and the story returns to the original team. Plus there was action in the over-arching Whitney / conspiracy plot.
More like this please Christine Feehan! ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
Strong female character with the ability to kick ass and take names, thrown away by her father figure as useless that learns that she needs to let go his opinion of her and accept who she is. Good strong male character too. Wonder who will be next? ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Azami was taken by Whitney to be experimented on and dissected, and the medical procedures he initiated on her, left her with scars both on the outside and the inside. When he felt she was useless he sent her to the streets to become a prositute. But she was rescued, by her adopted father and she gained a loving family, who showed her loyalty and honor and how to fight. Azami is a ghostwalker, and no one can see her coming until its too late. When she hears that Lily Whitney, the madman's daughter, is looking to use their satellite technology, she goes with her brothers to investigate this Lily, and see if she is anything like her father. But Azami has more than one reason to investigate Lily and the men and women that are with her in that compound. Sam is a ghostwalker, and works with his team. He is a decorated officer, and enhanced. He is determined to bring down Whitney, just like his team and brothers. He never imagined that he would find his other half. But when he meets Azami, he senses something deeper to her. And when they are forced together to fight for their lives, he learns that she is his future, and together they can bring down their enemies.
The Hero
Sam Johnson, is a member of the Ghostwalker team. He lives in the same compound as Ryland and Lily. He has served in the military and will do anything for his team and protect the women that are their wives and their children with his life. He like his brethren, will do anything to bring Whitney and his evil plans to rest. Sam is the adopted son of the general who is the one honest soul in the government. Sam is the type of hero you want to read over and over again. I remember seeing his character in Ruthless Game. I was thrilled when I started reading this to have him as one of the main characters of the story. Sam is very unique...he has supernatural abilities, but there is a lot more to him than meets the eye. He is honorable, and loyal both to his country and protecting those in need. He is dedicated to the Ghostwalkers. He is one of them, and understands Whitney and the madness of the scientist who will stop at nothing to take their children and use them as his soldiers. I loved his character, there was something so genuine to him. He doesn't hold anything back, he is upfront and honest. And boy does he know how to make a woman melt with his touch. He has a sexual magnetism that I was drawn to.
The Heroine
Azami Yoshi (Azami is such a beautiful Asian name, I just loved it from the beginning). Azami is one of the little girls that Dr. Whitney experimented on. In the beginning you see how much her past torments her. Feehan does a great job on giving the reader background information, and you start to fall in love with Azami and what she has overcome. I honestly had a hard time not tearing up when you learn about what she went through. And to be tossed in the streets at 8 years old to become a prostitute. Horrid right? Well I was intrigued by her character. As you progress further into the story, you see her strength and courage. I love how well she blends in with the Ghostwalker clan, as if she had been a part of them from the beginning. Her character was one of my favorites from this series. Which is hard to do since all the heroines are strong and capable and very talented. But Azami just called to me. She was stunning, she had talent and cunning, but she also had compassion and needed love.
Plot and Story Line
Christine Feehan has delivered another stunning addition to the Ghostwalker series. I remember when the first book came out, and I have been hooked on the series ever since. I always have a hard time deciding which series I love most from this author, but there is something so intense and captivating about this series. It is fast paced....like super charged, going at full speed ahead, nothing held back. Whenever you pick one of these books up, you better be prepared for a ride of a lifetime. Because nothing gets the adrenaline pumping than one of these books. The suspense and action is never ending, and you might need to learn to meditate to calm that racing heart. (hehe...kidding...kinda ) Samurai Game has the same tone as the other stories do. But there was something more intense to it than I was expecting. This story has a combination for everyone...fast paced action, compelling characters, and paranormal elements. It all comes together into a story that will be one hell of a page turner. The plot is intense and explosive. You won't be able to get enough of it. We also get to see many members of the previous books...which was so fun. And boy you have Ryder and Lily, Gator, Ian, Tucker and Jonas. And there was so many fun scenes. I especially loved when they get together at one time and share embarrassing stories of previous missions, and gave me barrels of laughs and giggles. (I have included a small excerpt below so you can see what I enjoyed.) :) Loved seeing the comadarie of the team, the friendship and the teasing and playfulness. Definitely a story that will put a smile on your face.
Cover
How can you not look at this cover and NOT admire it. I love its beauty and detail. I love the hair on the model...where can I get hair like that. And the elegant way that she is pulling out her sword...like a brought to life Samurai? With the japanese flowers on the bottom...it brings a certain tone to the cover that is evident in the story. It matches well with how Azami is described. A gorgeous cover Loved the mix of colors and certain details. It just might be my favorite cover from this author.
Overall View
This is definitely one you need to keep on your bookshelves. A book that is guaranteed to be a impossible to put down page turner. A story of overcoming your past to embrace your future, a story of love and loyalty, and a love story that is electrifying and sultry. ENTICING ON EACH PAGE! ( )
  addictofromance | Feb 7, 2015 |
Probably my favorite of the Ghostwalker books. I am hoping Azami and Sam have parts in any future books. This doesn't really read any differently from the other books in the series: a lot of repetition (which seems to be a writing flaw for Feehan), major violence, broken-ish women and/or men... ( )
  lesmel | Oct 24, 2014 |

"In an underground club, a high-ranking public official spends his secret nights indulging in fantasies as exciting as they are depraved. For a seductive employee of the Dungeon, it's her job to fulfill them. But she's playing a far more dangerous game-one of blackmail, politics, and murder that reaches into the shadow world of the GhostWalkers, and the creation of a spectacular, one-of-a-kind new weapon of defense. But when a dictator makes his own catastrophic moves, the GhostWalkers have no choice but to bring in two major players-a man and woman both driven by passion and revenge. Both expendable. Both with nothing left to lose."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,364,088 books! | Top bar: Always visible