Shadow's Claim: Immortals After Dark: The…

Shadow's Claim: Immortals After Dark: The Dacians: The Dacians: Realm of… (edition 2012)

by Kresley Cole

Title:Shadow's Claim: Immortals After Dark: The Dacians: The Dacians: Realm of Blood and Mist
Authors:Kresley Cole
Info:Pocket Books (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 481 pages

Shadow's Claim: Immortals After Dark: The Dacians by Kresley Cole

I was just so happy to have another IAD related book. I was intrigued by The Dacians from Lothaire's book and I was happy to get a better glimpse of their lives.

Stuff I liked:
- Trehan is HOT HOT HOT...and the smex is even hotter.
- The phantom that follows Bettina around. I can't wait to see how his life turns out...he better get a book.
- The whole tournament concept.
- The plot twist at the end.
- NIX!

I didn't like:
- The slow start.
- Morganna, I just didn't like her...
- The plot twist at the end.

So the ending is somewhat predictable but...there is a twist at the end that is different and I somewhat didn't expect it. I also hate that whole "push the relationship apart after the climax" thing that KC does. I've never been a fan of it.

One of my favorite parts were the lead up to the battles. I found my heart pounding, waiting to learn what would happen. When Trehan fights THE BIG NASTY I was almost as tore up as Bettina.

This is a decent book. I can't wait for more. One of the few book series that has been going on FOREVER that I still stick with. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
I think Kresley Cole is turning me into a ho!

From the start of IAD series, her leading males just got my head spinning. With every book she produces the hottest, sexiest, drive-you-crazy, perfect males that just get your mind rolling....And every time you read one of her books you think you found the best guy ever!!!!!

First there were the vampires, and i thought damn, vamps have never been this sexy... they are my favorite...

Then came the drool-worthy, scorching Scots, and i thought oh dear lord!!! You can't get any better then that...

And then she nails it with the demon brothers right out of wet dream territory...

I can't decide! I want them all! See what I'm talking about??? A ho!!

This is the first book of the new series, following the Dacians but still closely connected to the IAD series... And just like before this woman can do no wrong!
  IvieHill | Aug 6, 2015 |
Another great book from Cole. I didn't enjoy quite so much as her IAD series books that I've read. But I loved Trehan a lot! He was such a good guy, who did work so hard for Bettina. Although she was annoying, in the end it pulled through for me.

I'm beginning to expect a certain standard from Kresley Cole. Can't wait to read more of her books! ( )
  Diamond.Dee. | Jul 3, 2015 |

LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
Trehan Christian Daciano
Princess Bettina of Abaddon

Salem, Morgana, Raum, Cas

Ok, I'm sleepy so the cliff notes version for now. I really liked Trehan up until he went bat-shit-crazy. Bettina is a great heroine, she has some challenges but she overcomes them, but this is what life is about, yes? The supporting cast was excellent. Morgana reminded me of one of my favorite author's twitter persona and Salem had me laughing in every scene he was in. He can somehow make crass charming. Overall story line was great. I enjoyed the battles and the Lady's Choice round had me biting my fingernails. Ms Cole's imagination continues to astound me. 4 Stars

Read With Me: Shadow's Claim ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
A savage kick to Princess Bettina of Abaddon's back severed her spinal cord. A blessing. The searing pain that had been clawing through her entire being faded below her waist to pinpoints of pressure, then tingles, then ... Nothing.

When he beholds Bettina, the sheltered ward of two of the Lore's most fearsome villains, swordsman Trehan Daciano, a.k.a. the Prince of Shadows, is determined to win her as his wife, even if it means enduring punishing contests.

24 wanted3 pay2 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,853,089 books! | Top bar: Always visible