Shadow's Claim: Immortals After Dark: The…

Shadow's Claim: Immortals After Dark: The Dacians: The Dacians: Realm of… (edition 2012)

by Kresley Cole

1941660,337 (3.96)None
Member:tamaradi09
Title:Shadow's Claim: Immortals After Dark: The Dacians: The Dacians: Realm of Blood and Mist
Authors:Kresley Cole
Info:Pocket Books (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 481 pages

Shadow's Claim: The Dacians: Realm of Blood and Mist by Kresley Cole

It's an old-fashioned sort of romance, really. He's a vampire. She's a demon princess and the prize in a no-holds barred, win-the-princess tournament. His existence is a secret, but she's his fated Bride. Competing for her hand means he's banished from his home forever, losing means he dies. Winning means he gains a kingdom - and has to kill her best friend... What could possibly go wrong with this scenario?

Set on an alternate plane, the events unfold in current time, but conveniently outside of the "real world". Clever, and fun to read.
  SunnySD | Nov 26, 2013 |
Ok, I'm sleepy so the cliff notes version for now. I really liked Trehan up until he went bat-shit-crazy. Bettina is a great heroine, she has some challenges but she overcomes them, but this is what life is about, yes? The supporting cast was excellent. Morgana reminded me of one of my favorite author's twitter persona and Salem had me laughing in every scene he was in. He can somehow make crass charming. Overall story line was great. I enjoyed the battles and the Lady's Choice round had me biting my fingernails. Ms Cole's imagination continues to astound me. 4 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 7, 2013 |
1.5* ( )
  nutelena | Sep 25, 2013 |
1.5* ( )
  nutelena | Sep 25, 2013 |
I love this book... luv luv luv luv.... but I still dread Kresley Cole's YA book... sigh. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
A savage kick to Princess Bettina of Abaddon's back severed her spinal cord. A blessing. The searing pain that had been clawing through her entire being faded below her waist to pinpoints of pressure, then tingles, then ... Nothing.

When he beholds Bettina, the sheltered ward of two of the Lore's most fearsome villains, swordsman Trehan Daciano, a.k.a. the Prince of Shadows, is determined to win her as his wife, even if it means enduring punishing contests.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,599,535 books! | Top bar: Always visible