Shadow's Claim: Immortals After Dark: The…

Shadow's Claim: Immortals After Dark: The Dacians: The Dacians: Realm of… (edition 2012)

by Kresley Cole

Member:tamaradi09
Title:Shadow's Claim: Immortals After Dark: The Dacians: The Dacians: Realm of Blood and Mist
Authors:Kresley Cole
Info:Pocket Books (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 481 pages

Shadow's Claim: The Dacians: Realm of Blood and Mist by Kresley Cole

This is my favorite Cole book. I just reread it for about the fifth time. I love this author. ( )
  JessicaFox | May 14, 2015 |
Trehan Christian Daciano
Princess Bettina of Abaddon

Salem, Morgana, Raum, Cas

Ok, I'm sleepy so the cliff notes version for now. I really liked Trehan up until he went bat-shit-crazy. Bettina is a great heroine, she has some challenges but she overcomes them, but this is what life is about, yes? The supporting cast was excellent. Morgana reminded me of one of my favorite author's twitter persona and Salem had me laughing in every scene he was in. He can somehow make crass charming. Overall story line was great. I enjoyed the battles and the Lady's Choice round had me biting my fingernails. Ms Cole's imagination continues to astound me. 4 Stars

Read With Me: Shadow's Claim ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Bettina, lost her parents when she was young, and then she was captured and tortured by the same creatures who killed her mother and destroyed her father, and now she has no choice but to trust in her guardians, who have planned a way for her to get married, a death match of the fiercest warriors, for she will be queen of the demons. There is one man she has loved more than any other, who has been her friend since she was a child, and wants more than anything to be his wife. But her friend, has a death sentence by the one man who is a merciless killer, and a assassin, who is cold and calculating, and through a series of circumstances, she learns that she is his mate. A man that will fight with every weapon at his disposal to claim her as his for eternity. To her horror both her best friend and Trehan have entered the "till death" contest. As the fighting and competitions begins, a fire burns between Trehan and Bettina, and Bettina will have to choose between her closest friend and the man that holds her desire and her heart...

What a wild ride of dangerous paranormal elements that had me at the edge of this page turner!!! Utterly shocking and tantalizing and fierce and passionate in every way. This was one hell of a story and it has been a LONG time since I have read a story that had me so intense and I just had to read this as fast as I could. There was so much emotion and compelling characters, and this scenario that Kresley Cole has played out for us, WHEW....Ladies and Gentleman buckle your seat belts, for this is one ride you might not come out of alive if you don't watch it.

The heat between Bettina and Trehan is so HOT and I almost got burned....they sure know how to create fireworks, and with one kiss I betcha you all will need to open your windows--yes yes I know its winter, but seriously you will burn to a crisp if you don..hehehehe. These characters are so fascinating and I had such a fun time with them, there is quite depth to each of them, even the side characters. I know at first this seems like a triangle romance...but HELL NO!!! (Shaking finger...don't you guys think that way and let that be a deterrent to reading this....you will be so ashamed if you turn away from this one. Kresley Cole is a truly talented individual, who has the capacity of creating a story that is witty, smart and full on sexy. What else can you ask for? And quite frankly...you won't regret it!! I guarantee it. Just make sure you have plenty time on your hands, some delicious treats, plenty of water (by the gallons), and a nice comfy sitting arrangement, and you will be in the perfect mind frame to get the full aspect to enjoy this one to its fullest. DARING AND PASSIONATE!!

This book and series is connected to Immortals After Dark but isn't officially part of that series. I haven't read Lothaire, and even though there is some reference to him, it doesn't spoil anything from what I could tell. But boy do I need to read that one. :) ( )
  addictofromance | Jan 15, 2015 |
I was just so happy to have another IAD related book. I was intrigued by The Dacians from Lothaire's book and I was happy to get a better glimpse of their lives.

Stuff I liked:
- Trehan is HOT HOT HOT...and the smex is even hotter.
- The phantom that follows Bettina around. I can't wait to see how his life turns out...he better get a book.
- The whole tournament concept.
- The plot twist at the end.
- NIX!

I didn't like:
- The slow start.
- Morganna, I just didn't like her...
- The plot twist at the end.

So the ending is somewhat predictable but...there is a twist at the end that is different and I somewhat didn't expect it. I also hate that whole "push the relationship apart after the climax" thing that KC does. I've never been a fan of it.

One of my favorite parts were the lead up to the battles. I found my heart pounding, waiting to learn what would happen. When Trehan fights THE BIG NASTY I was almost as tore up as Bettina.

This is a decent book. I can't wait for more. One of the few book series that has been going on FOREVER that I still stick with. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
I devoured this book so quickly. Kresley Cole is my favorite author and I could read her books any day. This is the first book in a new series, but she slipped in characters from "Immortals After Dark", which made very happy. I liked the male protagonist very much, and learned to like the female protagonist. I wasn't ultimately worried because I fully believed the author would solve the love triangle and she did. I wish the princess would realize how wonderful her mate was and forget about her "best friend" earlier, but whatever. It was very suspenseful, and I was always guessing at what would happen next. ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
A savage kick to Princess Bettina of Abaddon's back severed her spinal cord. A blessing. The searing pain that had been clawing through her entire being faded below her waist to pinpoints of pressure, then tingles, then ... Nothing.

When he beholds Bettina, the sheltered ward of two of the Lore's most fearsome villains, swordsman Trehan Daciano, a.k.a. the Prince of Shadows, is determined to win her as his wife, even if it means enduring punishing contests.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,194,285 books! | Top bar: Always visible