Over the Edge by Mary Connealy
6810175,945 (4)None

I loved the way this trilogy ended. All the loose ends tied up, including the wildness in Seth's eyes and in his spirit. All 3 books were excellent, but I think this one was my favorite! ( )
  MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |
I have really loved the Kincaid Brides series. Book three features Seth Kincaid, the youngest of the brothers. I loved how Mary Connealy developed the character of Seth. She took him through what happened in his past and brought him into the future, forcing him to work out his issues, with the help of a good woman by his side.

What really made this series so special for me was how the brothers stuck up for each other through thick or thin even though they fought and bickered at times. I won't spoil it but this book not only is filled with action but with even a few surprises.

If you haven't read the first two books in this series, Out of Control and In Too Deep, I highly recommend that you do so before reading Over The Edge. ( )
  passionforbooks | Jul 24, 2015 |
Mary Connealy is a new author to me who writes "Romantic Comedy with Cowboys". How's that for a tag line? Love it!

Over the Edge - Imagine a bone jarring stagecoach moving along the road when suddenly the horses speed up, the guys up top are yelling and thundering hooves are coming up fast... and who just happens to be the only one that can save everyone? Callie to the rescue! She's a hard, angry, sharp-shooting take charge type of gal - and she has a baby to save from the bandits attacking them. And when she's done - she's got a man to kill! Yep, her baby's daddy!

Loved this book! It's fast moving as Mary's books seem to be (read my review for Swept Away here), very well written, easy to read and fun to boot. I loved the various settings in Over the Edge and especially liked the part about the Massive Caves and the story about Seth's background. (I wouldn't mind a story featuring their dad & the brothers growing up - it would be very interesting.) Mary Connealy will definitely be an author I'll be watching and I'll be keeping her books on my shelf for a long while.

Disclaimer: I was given a copy of Over the Edge to read and review on GivingNSharing by BethanyHouse Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review and no money exchanged hands. ( )
  tiinaj1 | Apr 10, 2013 |
Over the Edge

I received a free copy of Over the Edge by Mary Connealy from Bethany House Publishers to review. Didn't have time to read it at first with school and kids. The past weekend (September 15, 2012), my youngest son got sick and had to go to the ER and I brought the book with me. The book is amazing. I love the story of Callie and Seth Kincaid and their son Conner. The story was very riveting and I was really into the book. The book started off with a shoot-out. The shoot out led to Callies meet up with her long-lost husband, who does not remember her. Seth has a ranch, family goes to ranch. Enter Jasper. Jasper had his money stolen by one of Seth's brother's wives. He wants his money back and thinks the money is on the ranch. Read the rest of the story to find out what happens.

This is a great book. 5 stars I recommend it.

Stacie
  staciewyatt | Jan 21, 2013 |
OVER THE EDGE by Mary Connealy is a wonderful conclusion to “TheKincaid Brides” trilogy, an inspirational historical fiction set in 1866 Colorado. Book #3 in this trilogy,but can be read as a stand alone.See,” Out of Control”,and “In Too Deep”. Filled with danger,humor,faith,cave,Civil War aftermath,healing,forgiveness,mystery,suspense,love and a bit of romance. Follow Seth Kincaid and Callie as they learn to navigate their marriage that Seth forgot to only learn he has a child also,find healing,make amends,and rekindle a passion and love. As a child Seth was badly burned in a cave,he loves to explore those seem caves,he also has nightmares from the fire and his Civil war days. Callie has finally found Seth again,but must learn he will not abandon her and their child again. Ms. Connealy has written another touching story that will steal your heart as the Kincaid siblings learn to let go of their past guilt and trust each other again. A must read for anyone who enjoys the early Americana era,romance,faith,historical romance and fiction. Received for an honest review from the publisher. Details can be found at the author’s website,Bethany House Publishing,a division of Baker Publishing Group,and My Book Addiction and More.

RATING: 4.5

HEAT RATING: SWEET

REVIEWED BY: AprilR, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Nov 4, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764209132, Paperback)

Bestselling Author Mary Connealy Delivers Her Trademark Historical Romantic Comedy

Seth Kincaid survived a fire in a cave, but he's never been the same. He was always a reckless youth, but now he's gone over the edge. He ran off to the Civil War and came back crazier than ever.

After the war, nearly dead from his injuries, it appears Seth got married. Oh, he's got a lot of excuses, but his wife isn't happy to find out Seth doesn't remember her. Callie has searched, prayed, and worried. Now she's come to the Kincaid family's ranch in Colorado to find her lost husband.

Callie isn't a long-suffering woman. Once she knows her husband is alive, she wants to kill him. She's not even close to forgiving him for abandoning her.

Then more trouble shows up in the form of a secret Seth's pa kept for years. The Kincaid brothers might lose their ranch if they can't sort things out. It's enough to drive a man insane--but somehow it's all making Seth see things more clearly. And now that he knows what he wants, no one better stand in his way.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:15 -0400)

"Seth Kincaid remembers almost everything-- except getting married." --P. [4] of cover.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,726,023 books! | Top bar: Always visible