Untraceable: The Nature of Grace series by…

Untraceable: The Nature of Grace series

by S. R. Johannes

Grace's father, a wildlife enforcement officer has been missing for three months. He seems to have vanished without a trace near a river. It seems as though everyone wants to write him off as dead but Grace insists he is still alive and she is determined to find him.

I loved Grace's independence and confidence to take care of herself in the forest with skills her dad taught her. Growing up in the Smoky Mountains and being able to accompany him on his rounds through his territory gave her a comfortable-ness with being out there on her own. It's not a place I would want to be.

Grace is blocked at every turn when she locates possible evidence and is discouraged from looking further, so she does what every rebellious teenager does - the exact opposite of what she is told to do. What she finds will have you sitting on the edge of your seat, reading as fast as you can so that you can find out what is going to happen.

Untraceable is a fast-paced thriller that has Grace facing threats, death and betrayal. How far does the betrayal go? Who can she trust? And what about that new guy in town that seems to want to help her and she finds herself so attracted to?

The author has done a magical combination of just enough clean romantic suspense to ease the tension in this mystery thriller. I love guys like Mo who are so gentlemanly and respectful of the women they care about. There really are guys out there like that ladies. Don't give up hope!

All wrapped up in this package is a sub-theme of wildlife conservation and poaching. There is so much here that you will be thinking about Untraceable for days after you've read it.

Found on teen and young adult best seller lists, you won't be sorry you picked up Untraceable no matter what your age. I highly recommend it. I gave it 5 stars out of 5.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. A positive opinion was not required. All thoughts are my own.

See my full review on my blog at Shelf Full of Books http://kathrynsshelffullofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/04/book-reviewuntraceable-natu... ( )
  KathrynSvendsen | Apr 30, 2015 |
Thanks to Netgalley.com and All Night Reads for allowing me access to this title.

I really enjoyed this one. I liked the suspense of it, and the backwoods survival knowledge, and the characters. I know there is a huge audience for this here for those who love the outdoors. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Author S.R. Johannes has created an action-packed thriller for young adults that will certainly keep them reading. In Untraceable she introduces us to Grace, the teen daughter of a forest ranger who went missing three months before and whom everyone has given up as dead. Everyone, that is, except Grace, who gets into trouble more than once in her quest to find her father. Not only does she get into trouble with the local police and her mother (with whom she is always fighting), she becomes caught up in a very dangerous situation when discovering something she is not supposed to know.

Grace does have an ally – an ex-boyfriend who, although not as nature savvy as she, has stuck by her through her risky schemes while trying his best to help at great risk to himself. Then there is the mystery guy Grace comes across while fishing. She can’t help falling for him, even though she is nervous about getting involved with anyone. Unfortunately, what she learns about him turns her world, and her heart, upside down.

S. R. Johannes builds suspense as Grace keeps seeking clues, getting deeper into a mess she may not be able to remedy. What she finds is shocking. The visuals in this story make the reader wince but simultaneously want to keep reading because it’s hard to put the book down.

Untraceable by S.R. Johannes is an action-packed novel teens will enjoy. It is the first book in the Nature of Grace teen thriller series. Book two has been released and the third book is to be released in June 2014. ( )
  Polilla-Lynn | Jun 4, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the next one. ( )
  AlexTully | Jun 4, 2014 |
I loved everything about this book. The pace, the setting and the plot were unique for a young adult novel. This new series will appeal to fans of adventure, mystery, nature fiction, and girl power fiction. About the only disappointing thing was not having book two in hand. ( )
  Angelina-Justice | Feb 3, 2014 |
I enjoyed reading this book and found that it had a unique premise. This story starts out with a creepy almost scary opening chapter. We come to learn that Grace, our lead character, has been attempting to find her missing father on her own for sometime, as the local authorities believe that there is little hope of finding her father alive, but Grace knows her father's survival abilities far better than they do. This begins Grace's hunt for her father.

The book is also uniquely set up with each chapter depicting a survival skill that Grace has been taught by her father. Her father is an experienced wilderness ranger and is very familiar with surviving in the woods and has passed all of his knowledge onto his daughter. This is the driving force behind the book, and it works really well. Overall, I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to others.

sequel UNCONTROLLABLE out 9/24!

WINNER OF THE 2012 INDIEREADER DISCOVERY AWARD FOR YOUNG ADULT.

Everyone leaves a mark.

What would you do if yours was erased?
Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival. When her dad goes missing on a routine patrol, Grace refuses to believe he's dead and fights the town authorities, tribal officials, and nature to find him.
One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from danger by Mo, a hot guy with an intoxicating accent and a secret. As her feelings between him and her ex-boyfriend get muddled, Grace travels deep into the wilderness to escape and find her father.
Along the way, Grace learns terrible secrets that sever relationships and lives. Soon she's enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it's going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to save everything she loves.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:24 -0400)

Grace must fight town authorities, tribal officials, and nature itself to find her forest ranger father who went missing while on patron in the Smokies. She's rescued from danger by Mo, an attractive, mystery man who has her questioning her feelings for her boyfriend while entangling her in a web of conspiracy, deception and murder.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,931,229 books! | Top bar: Always visible