Night Fire by Catherine Coulter

Good not great. Fairly typical historical romance. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
I have mixed feelings about this. Arielle is horribly abused by her first husband, but frankly, Burke wasn’t much better for much of the book. He decided that he wanted to have Arielle as his wife, and who cares what she thinks about it. Surely, if she’s forced to spend all her time with him, she’ll come around eventually! Burke may have never physically hurt her, but the beginning of their relationship was no less abusive. That being said, I did like Arielle and Burke and I liked them together, in the end. There’s some interesting conflict here, and a recurring theme of how husbands and wives relate to each other. Her groom, Geordie, was also an interesting character — I wish he’d been used more in the story. I’ll read the rest of this trilogy, but I hope the subject matter isn’t so difficult in the others. ( )
  miyurose | Jan 23, 2010 |
I had this book and the two that follow it for several years and just never got around to reading it. Now that I have, I will quickly read the next two as it was a good story that kept my interest.
The first book in the "Night Trilogy".

Only his burning love could save her. Trapped into a loveless marriage, Arielle Leslie knew a life of shame and degradation. Even after the death of her brutal husband, she was unable to free herself from the shackles of humiliation. Only Burke Drummond's love could save her...if she let it. But as his passion blazed, his patience wore thin...and Arielle risked a future as terrifying as her past... ( )
  DunnFunKat | Sep 10, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 038075620X, Mass Market Paperback)

Dear Reader:

Night Fire, the first of the Night Trilogy, was first published in early 1989. I haven't rewritten it, just cleaned it up a bit and Avon books has given it a wonderful new cover.

Arielle Leslie is a sixteen-year-old girl forced to wed Paisley Cochrane, a sadistic old man who abuses her. When he dies, she believes herself free. But she's not.

Burke Drummond, Earl of Ravensworth -- a young man she'd worshipped three years before -- is home from the wars, and he wants her. When he catches her, he's in for an appalling surprise.

I hope Burke and Arielle are two people who will touch you as deeply as they touched me. They face problems and obstacles never spoken of in Regency times.

If you haven't yet read Night Fire, do give it a try.

-- Catherine Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:56 -0400)

In Night Fire, Arielle Leslie is a sixteen year old forced to wed Pairsley Cochrane,a sadistic old man who abuses her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,493,110 books! | Top bar: Always visible