This Same Earth by Elizabeth Hunter

This Same Earth (edition 2011)

by Elizabeth Hunter (Author)

Member:Vierran
Title:This Same Earth
Authors:Elizabeth Hunter (Author)
Info:E. Hunter (2011), Kindle Edition, 254 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, fantasy, romance, vampires, e-book

This Same Earth by Elizabeth Hunter

I had such high hopes for this book after I read the first one and I'm so glad to say that I was so not disappointed! The author just has a way to keep us interested in the story and to keep rooting for Gio and B to just get in on already! :)
I loved Carwyn in the first book, but I think it was very refreshing to see this new side of him on this one and to see that he is the sweeter vampire ever, besides Gio of course. Oh, and how about B kicking some serious vampire asses!? Hers and Gio's arqguing got so much better now with all their previous history that every scene they had together from the beginning of the book just left me at the edge of whatever surface I was reading at the time. Incredible storytelling, incredible plot and crazy chemistry between the main characters and the secondary characters also. I just love the way every character in this book has their own time in the spotlight and that no one is left behind. And what about Ben?! Cutest thing ever and such wisdom for a twelve year-old that made every appearence he made that much more fun to read. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

I have mixed feelings about this book.

It was very arrogant of Gio to presume that Beatrice needed time away from him to grow so he disappeared for five years and left her by herself. Even more creepy to watch her when she's at Cochamo and not join her. Arrogant and condescending. The series inches forward in this instalment. I wonder if it suffers from middle book syndrome which is why other than the acknowledgement of feelings moment, I can't think of anything else momentous that happened in this book.Sure, Ioan died but we didn't even know him! This book was about Gio and B getting together and becoming a couple rather than anything else. I was disappointed to discover that Stephen is still missing. And Lorenzo is still trotting around the planet.

Oh and Ben. I love Ben! He seems fun. Dez came and then faded into the woodwork like Caspar and Isadora. I am interested in seeing where this series goes but not very. I'm starting to lose interest.

P.S - I actually think the reason this book annoyed me so much was the slight New Moon parallel. Plus poor B didn't deserve all of that heartbreak.
  ashpapoye | Jan 24, 2014 |
Giovanni's and Beatrice's epic adventures continues in this second installment of the Elemental Mysteries series. It's five years later and Giovanni has come back to claim B as his, but she was so hurt by him and isn't having any of that. Giovanni believed he was doing what's right for B when he let her walk away five years ago, he thought she needed time to mature and grow into her own person. That was good of Giovanni to care about B enough to realize that her jumping into his world without thinking it through might cause regret. Nice Giovanni, your such a arrogant bastard fooling yourself and everyone that your were only doing this for B, (channeling Beatrice here)he was also protecting himself, he was worried that a hundred years later B would hate him for stealing her human life and it's rewards. He was worried that she only had a crush or maybe wouldn't want to take the ultimate step of becoming like him. I get it, he was afraid of getting hurt since he has never cared for anyone in five hundred years the way he cares for B. That's my feelings on that matter but I still loved him, no worries.

This sequel was so amazing that I don't think I can accurately convey the events that took place in this story. Let's just say that there was actually adventure and mystery in this epic story, Giovanni and B's journeys across the globe added some of the best parts to the story. It had an historical feel to it which in turn added that epicness I was getting. I liked seeing Giovanni's and B's feelings for each other grow into to something with substance and grit which made it very believable. There was a lot of new interesting characters with their own agenda. In real life, hate politics with a passion but the vampire politics was interesting to see. Excited about the addition of Benjamin to Giovanni's new family, hope to see more of him in the series. There is so much to experience in This Same Earth, it was definitely filled with anticipation and danger. Great storytelling and an exciting thrill ride. I digress. ( )
  chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |

chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |
Five years have passed since Gio and B parted ways, but they're obviously still in live with each other. Of course B is pissed that Gio was gone for so long, but as is the case they find themselves back together (but for how long, hmmmm?)

Everyone's favorite priest is back, but his part of the story is tragic. And the neighborhood loony Lorenzo is back, creepier than before. But on the flipside, we meet Ben, who's got his own brand of charm.

Another solid story in this series, now I want to slow down on the last two, I'm not ready to let them go lol. ( )
  scottnl | Jan 6, 2014 |

Elizabeth Hunterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pearlman, DinaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,724,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible