Island Ghosts: A Will Castleton Adventure by…

Island Ghosts: A Will Castleton Adventure

by David Bain

The following evaluation is my own estimation and not a paid evaluation. To shape your personal opinions please support the author and acquire your own legal copy of this book. Books that are gifts to me do not assurance a positive appraise.

This book is a prequel to a series. I knew this when I downloaded this digital book. While it is hard from some authors to write a short book that, will make or want the reader to read or purchase more books. I believe this author has captured that in this book. I want to know more about the characters. I want to know what happens next.

The main character in this book Will Castleton is a U.S Marshal. He is trying to get past something horrible that he found in his career. While on a sabbatical Will, is hounded by a reporter that wants to get the inside details of the case. Maybe it is me but if I was Will I would beat the life out of this reporter. Some people in the media do not know when to stop and let something go. They are like a dog with a bone; they will never give up on a story.

I am not going to give any more details about this book. To do so would give everything away. That is the screwy part about trying to write a review for short stories. It is so hard to write a review.
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
A well written short story and the perfect length for the story being told; any longer and the plotline would have needed a major complication or two. Another reviewer mentioned that it has the feel of a 1980s crime drama, cheesy and endearing, and I agree. The LEO who drinks too much, has bad relations with the press, follows his instincts when there aren't any clues… it's all there. The ending fell a bit flat for me; while it fittingly concludes the story, it doesn't entirely seem to fit the main character as presented. The excellent writing makes up for any loss there. Four stars. ( )
  GunnarGrey | Nov 8, 2013 |
In Bain’s book, slightly psychic U.S. Marshal Will Castleton’s tropical vacation proves to offer no escape to his past. He experiences a vision and is determined that he will not fail as he has in the past. Racing against time and the elements, he is determined to save the life a woman in peril.

This is a worthwhile read, well written and filled with intrigue. ( )
  debbieaheaton | Oct 27, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,620,871 books! | Top bar: Always visible