A Taste of Midnight by Lara Adrian

A Taste of Midnight

by Lara Adrian

Loved it but kind of seemed rushed at end. ( )
  Debbie97462 | Jul 16, 2014 |
It was nice reading about Danika and her HEA. However, it was achiever WAY too quickly. And only a little more than a year after losing Conlan? Meh... didn't buy it.

I think the direction was good, but it could have been a little more than a novella, in which case Adrian could've written it better developed. ( )
  TheBookHammock | Sep 24, 2013 |
I would have rated this higher if it weren't for the circumstances surrounding the past of the hero & heroine. I just couldn't get on board with her being "in mourning" yet jumping in the sack with him. If you can put all that in the back of your mind, you'll probably enjoy this a great deal more than I did. Without that pesky detail, I'd probably be inclined to give this 4-4.5 stars. ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
Good, if very short story about the grieving Danika and an old friend of her's and her late husband. It is nice to have this short just before the tenth book comes out. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
I found this one as a free download on www.kobobooks.com and thought I’d give it a try. I was looking for something short and maybe a little sexy to read one day, when I came across this one in my reader. I loved it and now I’m dying to learn more about the Midnight Breed world. This came along at the perfect time. I’ve been avoided paranormal romance after burning out, but now I’m ready for some vampires!

There wasn’t much time for character development or anything. What I got from this was a taste of the world, which is exactly what the title insinuates. I learned that there are Breeds, some sort of vampire creatures, and Breedmates, which are exactly what they sound like. Breeds and their Breedmates can be bound by blood. There are some evil guys out there trying to make a bad name for the vampires. That’s mostly what I got, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and have already procured a copy of the first book in the series.

In short, A Taste of Midnight gives exactly what it advertises, a taste of the Midnight Breeds series, complete with alpha males and blood bonding. Also, it seems like the Breeds are highlanders, so that’s a plus! ( )
  LauraAshlee | Jan 23, 2013 |
Christmas music swelled from the tuxedo-clad orchestra, filling the ballroom of the Edinburgh mansion where two dozen beautiful couples danced beneath garlands of crisp holly and fragrant evergreen boughs.

A shimmering holiday gala lights up an ancient castle in the Scottish Highlands, but beautiful widowed Breedmate Danika MacConn feels alone in the crowd. Even among the friends and festivity of the Darkhaven celebration, she can't forget her lost love, a fallen warrior of the Order. Her brief return to her mate's homeland has become treacherous after rejecting the advances of a dangerous Edinburgh crime boss with a taste for blood sport. As Danika seeks to expose the vampire and his dark trade, she discovers an unexpected ally in his forbidding, enigmatic henchman, Brannoc, a man who exudes heat, danger, and dark menace--and seems somehow achingly familiar. Bran has his own reasons for wanting to keep Dani out of his employer's business ... and his own secrets he means to keep buried. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a woman who tempts the wildest part of his Breed nature--especially when that woman is Danika MacConn, the one woman capable of bringing him to his knees.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,145,245 books! | Top bar: Always visible