Imaginary Friends by Terry Brooks

This is a short story about a young boy who learns that he has leukemia. Scared that he is going to die, Jack sneaks out to the woods at night to find a magical creature he met once years ago. Pick is the guardian of the Sinnissippi Woods and he is the only one that Jack feels can help him.

This story is one that has been long out of print, but when the webmaster for Terry Brooks' website discovered he had cancer, Terry Brooks re-released it and donated all proceeds to the medical care of his longtime friend. It is a very short story, but it's important in that it is our first foray into the world of the Word and the Void. I didn't think the story itself was anything special, but it was nice to read how this series got its start. ( )
  Mootastic1 | Jan 15, 2016 |
Step into a tradition of storytellers, culture, healing, magic, happiness and tragedy.
Truly a book that was worth each minute. I loved how the book not only served my amusement but also a fund-raising for a fellow of Terry Brooks. Wonderful! Wonderful!
Take an opportunity to travel into a simple but complex fairy tale. Cycle of life, beauty, parenting, fear, loss, and wonderful book. ( )
  quincidence | Dec 25, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,513,729 books! | Top bar: Always visible