The Good Knight by Sarah Woodbury

An excellent story

I thoroughly enjoyed following Gwen on her adventure and felt rather proud of myself for catching the clues about the central plot. The fact that the story is based on real events only added to my enjoyment. ( )
  Mozzie | Dec 19, 2015 |
For a book that's set in the 1100's, I found the language/vocabulary to be too modern. Ex: "bargaining chip" is used at the end of chapter twenty. The hard-to-pronounce names bother me. For crying out loud, I just want to be able to understand the names so I can eliminate all confusion. Gareth and Gwen get along well, but they do not strike me as a normal couple in love. They're fairly smart people with some respect for each other's knowledge and skills. But the plot really isn't getting my full attention and I find myself wondering: how soon do I reach the end of this book? That's sad, isn't it?

But I forced myself to finish it! And I still can't force myself to like the book. Would I pick up another novel by Sarah Woodbury? Nope. No way. Not in this lifetime. I am deleting this book off my tablet and moving on. ( )
  caslater83 | Jul 24, 2015 |
Meh. There was a lot to like about this book -- interesting setting, good plot, believable and/or sympathetic characters and relationships, but somehow it never quite came alive for me. There was description, but it never brought the scenes fully to life. The dialog was OK but often a little too flat and on the nose. It's too bad, because the bones of the book were pretty good. ( )
  Amelia_Smith | May 2, 2015 |

It is 1143 and rivalry among the royal prices casts a shadown on the court of Owain, king of north Wales. The king seeks to unite his daugher in marriage with an allied king. But the groom is murdered on the way to his wedding and the bride's brother tasks his two best detectives, Gareth, a knight, and Gwen, the daughter of the court bard, with bringing the killer to justice. When the blame for the murder falls on Gareth, Gwen must continue the search alone.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,550,978 books! | Top bar: Always visible