Choose the Right by Kimiko Hammari

by Kimiko Hammari

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byl_manning

No tags.

We've all been there. Struggling for another Family Home Evening idea. Trying to balance lessons and activities for younger and older children. Well get ready to have all that stress relieved. This book provides a year of FHE lessons that tie in with the Primary theme for 2012. It has everything you need done for you! There are lessons, activities, songs, and even challenges to carry over to the next week all planned out. With this book you can spend less time worrying about your next FHE lesson and more time on the actual lesson with your family.

I love this book! I think picking a topic to teach each week is one of the things my husband and I dread doing. This book takes a huge burden off us as it provides topics. Now, it says there are lessons for a year, but some lessons are made to "cover" 2 weeks, mostly to provide for Mondays off when you need it. So you're not going to be tied to this book every week. There are activities with ideas on how to cater them to younger and older children. The actual lesson if very short which I love. I have a very young child, so we like to keep things short and sweet for him. For me, I would probably skip some of the activities because it's just not necessary for us at this time. As you can see, it's easy to adapt things to your family situation. While the lessons themselves are short, it would be easy to expand on them for more in-depth and/or longer lessons.

The book comes with a CD that has printable handouts, so I'm not kidding when I say the work has been done for you. I also love the idea of challenges that carry over. This really helps with goal setting, and it can help keep the lesson in your family's minds throughout the week. Tying the lessons in with the Primary lessons for the year is also an amazing thing. I think the lessons are so well planned out in this book that you could easily allow for older children to help or teach the lessons themselves. How great it that? There is even a list of treats at the end. This book is a great resource for families. It will help take the stress out of your FHE planning and help you concentrate on actual family time.

Book provided for review. ( )
  l_manning | Dec 7, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,691,283 books! | Top bar: Always visible