Awaken Me: A Connected Novel by Emily…

Awaken Me: A Connected Novel

by Emily Gossett

132723,089 (5)None

This is a book I won and will be giving it an honest review. I fell in love with this book.
Aimee’s memory was lost when her mother died in a car accident or so she thought. After seeing her fiancée Derek kill her best friend, she has to leave. Alec has come to her rescue and is taking her to a safe place away from Derek only to find out it was originally her home. But can he really protect her? Aimee finds that her memories from her past are starting to come back to her as things she was told were never the case. Can she be with the one she feels she truly loves or will her bond with Derek bring her back to him? I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book. ( )
  JacquieTalento | Nov 12, 2012 |
What will Aimee do when she realizes that what she has been told is a lie? Aimee was in an “accident” several years ago. Since then, she has been with Derek and his family. They have loved her and treated her as one of them. Aimee is Derek’s fiancée. While they are celebrating their upcoming nuptials, Aimee catches Derek killing her best friend. That is something that she never thought he was capable of.

She leaves the boat that they were having their party on and flees to Greece to get away from him. She doesn’t know why, but he is dangerous. She meets a handsome stranger on the docks while she is fleeing. He tries to help her, but she doesn’t want help. She wants to get away from Derek. She doesn’t have a lot of money on her and realizes that she cannot use any of her credit cards because then he will know where she is.

She finally goes to a hotel and has someone bring her clothes. When she realizes that Derek has tracked her to the hotel, she accepts help and ends up in a place she never dreamed of. There she learns a lot of truths and finally understands why Derek wants her so badly. Aimee learns so much in such a little time. It is difficult for her. Then there are the flashbacks. What will Aimee do with all this knowledge?

I first started to read this book on a website, I don’t remember which one, and I was hooked on it. I was waiting for it to come out and somehow forgot. In the preview, you got to read the first chapter and all I remembered was that I wanted to read the book where someone was killed on the boat and she jumped off of it. I expected the book to settle down after the first chapter or so, but it never did. I thought that the book ended in a good spot. It was so easy to read. I never felt like it was work to read and the book flew by too quickly. I want to know what happens next, mind you, but it was a good ending nonetheless.

This is one of those books that I read where I am not crazy about the cover, but love the book anyway. If I don’t read an excerpt or synopsis of a book before I see the cover, then the cover has huge input on whether or not I will like it. I’m glad I read the excerpt before seeing the cover on this book.
  YABReviews | Sep 24, 2012 |

After witnessing the horrific murder that was committed by her fiancée just days before their wedding, Aimee immediately flees from the life she knows. Lost in Greece, Aimee is inevitably and uncontrollably thrust into a supernatural world where she is terrified to learn what she really is. Crouching at every corner lies a new confusing memory that torments her from her previous life, while her feelings of love cease to die, but awaken more deeply for the mysteriously handsome stranger, who wants to rescue her. Battling the man, who she mistakenly still loves is a bigger conquest than imagined, but can she free her captured thoughts from the man who owns her? Facing the ultimate decision, to lose all humanity by becoming the weapon the Rogues desire most, or to destroy the creation of love. Can Aimee make the sacrifices needed to overcome deceit, love and her power that is irrepressibly blood thirsty?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,406,117 books! | Top bar: Always visible