The Vampire Hunter's Daughter (The Vampire…

The Vampire Hunter's Daughter (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter #1)

by Jennifer Malone Wright

This was an extremely short story at only 19 pages long, but it is more like the first few chapters of a full length novel. The plot was set up well in an exciting, action-packed way and the writing style was readable but I found the characters to be a bit dull and predictable. I won't be picking up the rest of the series though because this just wasn't my cup of tea. ( )
  charlottejones952 | Sep 2, 2013 |
I bought this book.
The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Part 1 by Jennifer Malone Wright
This is a quick fast read. It took me maybe 30 minutes to read it. The author did a great job getting you engrossed in the beginning and kept you locked in until the end, of course, the ending is left in a middle of a scene. I love the relationship between Chloe and her mother at the beginning and how Chloe steps up and wanting to be just like her mom at the end. It feels like the book is too short and wanting more at the end. I loved the book and optimistic about the others in the series. I can't wait to read more. 5 stars for an enthralling read. ( )
  Merisha_Abbott | Aug 1, 2013 |
The Vampire Hunter’s Daughter
By: Jennifer Wright

Exceptionally Amazing!!!

When I started reading this book, I was struck by how incredibly easy it was to bond with the characters….

The action from the beginning was amazing and real…. The main character “Chloe Kallistrate” typical teenager abruptly cast into a life unknown to her through tragic circumstances….
Knowing now what her Life’s Destiny and the depth of her heritage is, Chloe has a lot of work to do and the motivation she needs to accomplish what lies ahead…..

I loved how truly well written this novel was….and the way “Author Jennifer Wright” draws you in, keeps your attention and leaves you absolutely wanting more….I just wish that it was a bit longer, sonrisa…. I am anticipating the second one eagerly!!!

A Literary Triumph for “Author Jennifer Wright”!!!

Read and reviewed By: De Ann “Native” Townes Jr. Author of “Peer Inside My Soul and See Me” ( )
  deann_native | Jan 5, 2013 |
This is a nice beginning to a series. Chloe wakes to her mother trying to hide her. She's been moved around for years not knowing that it is because they are in hiding. When her mother is murdered in front of her, people from her mother's past come in and save her and take her to her grandfathers. She is from a long line of vampire hunters and now it is her time to hunt and kill them. The one she is after the most will be her father who has ordered her mother's death. ( )
  JacquieTalento | Mar 24, 2012 |

In the fourth installment of The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, Chloe and the other vampire hunters are suffering the aftermath of the vampire attack on their community. Many hunters were injured, and loved ones were murdered. More than that, there is a loss of security and peace since the hunters' safe haven was breached and invaded. Chloe and Drew struggle just to get along and understand each other without Luke there to guide them. During this period of uncertainty, Chloe and Drew both try to live a normal life as teenagers by going to the New Year's bash, she with Gavin and Drew with Christina, Chloe's recent rival. Chloe is, once again, reminded that nothing is 'normal' in her life any more, when she begin to show signs she's developing supernatural gifts from her father's bloodline, too. The bash does little to lift her feelings of guilt and responsibility for the attack on the community, because she knows it's her presence there that caused the vampires to attack the hunters. This attack nearly took the life of her only remaining family member from her mother's side. She doesn't want to put anyone else she loves at risk. Before she has time to put any plans into action, a surprise phone call from someone unexpected sets the wheels in motion. Chloe now knows what she must do..… (more)

Jennifer Malone Wright is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,395,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible