Welcome To The Book Of Common Prayer by…

Welcome To The Book Of Common Prayer

by Vicki K. Black

From the publisher:

In this guide for newcomers as well as lifelong Episcopalians, author Vicki Black helps readers navigate the currents of Anglican liturgy and discover its richness and beauty. As we use the Book of Common Prayer, Black says, “we discover we are not alone, and this liturgical current of worship, prayer, and praise will indeed take us where we want to go–union with the God we seek to love.”

Welcome to the Book of Common Prayer shows readers everything from where to find the Sunday collect to how to pray the Daily Office. But it’s more than a how-to. It offers history and background that help make the prayer book a more meaningful part of the worship life of individuals and congregations.

With thoughtful reflection questions, this is a perfect volume for parish study groups.
  St-Johns-Episcopal | Jun 16, 2017 |
A nice, thorough but not deathly detailed, overview for someone who wants to know what to expect from an Anglican/Episcopal prayer service.
  KC_in_KS | Aug 3, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0819221309, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:28 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,007,449 books! | Top bar: Always visible