Bride By Mistake by Anne Gracie

Bride By Mistake

by Anne Gracie

There were quite a few aspects I enjoyed about this wonderful conclusion to a adventurous series by Anne Gracie. Bride By Mistake is Luke's story, and in the past books we see him as a scoundrel and famous among the ladies. Luke is a full blooded male, a fierce protector, tortured past, and determined to claim his wife when annulment is no longer available. Isabella, is the type of heroine I fell in love with from the beginning. Even though she cares for Luke, she has had to do things to survive. She has alot of passion and wildness about her, she has a longing for adventure. There was such a sense of fun and playfulness between these two. I lost count the number of times I burst out laughing. There was such a spark between these two. I loved how Isabella treats Luke, she isn't a meek mouse, and takes him on a adventure. We see how she starts to have him wrapped around her finger---which is always great to see when the hero is too arrogant for his own good. There was alsoa enriching story full of emotion and sensuality to charm you. A beautifully crafted tale of love, exciting plot, adventure and an irresistable romance!!! Definitely "Chocolate and swoon" worthy of a read. ( )
  addictofromance | Dec 6, 2014 |
Nice read - liked the heroine and the hero, but felt that the tone was periodically off in terms of the heroine's background and experience. The ending was also a bit too melodramatic and over the top and had a few too many coincidences for my taste. Still love Gracie's stuff, and will buy her next book. ( )
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
In memory of my beloved dog, Chloe, who kept me company through the writing of the last ten books. A loving companion, she found joy in the simplest of things.
You're Madman, Ripton!

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425245799, Mass Market Paperback)

At the age of thirteen, in the middle of a war, Isabella was saved from a forced marriage to a man she hated when handsome young English Lieutenant Luke Ripton married her. Lieutenant Ripton, tall, dark, and as beautiful as an archangel. He placed her in a convent school, and left. She waited -- like a princess in a tower dreaming of her prince -- for eight years. Now those dreams have withered and Bella is taking charge of her life...
Here's a short excerpt:
"I'm leaving the convent." Bella's announcement was followed by a stunned silence.
"Is he comi--" Paloma began.
"Nobody is coming for me, Paloma." Bella glanced at Sister Beatriz, who was still asleep, and said in a lowered voice. "I'm leaving anyway."
"I don't believe you. What will you do? How will you support yourself? Who will protect you? It's dangerous--"
"I will support myself, " Bella said. "And I will protect myself. I won't stay here, waiting forever for someone to rescue me. Life isn't a fairy-tale."
"Isabella Ripton," said a voice from the doorway.
All the girls jumped guiltily.
"Isabella," Sister Josefina repeated as she entered the door. She was the youngest and prettiest of the nuns, merry and lively and dedicated to her vocation. "Tidy yourself. Reverend Mother wants you in her office. You have a visitor!"
"A visitor? Who?" In eight years, Bella had never had a visitor.
Sister Josefina smiled. "Can't you guess?"
Mystified, Bella shook her head.
"An Englishman."
Bella froze.
Sister Josefina nodded. "Tall, dark, and as beautiful as an archangel."
Bella couldn't move a muscle. She couldn't utter a word or marshall a single coherent thought.
"A very stern, very masculine archangel." Sister Josefina sighed. And a blush rose on her cheeks.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:22 -0400)

"Eight years ago, Lieutenant Luke Ripton made a hasty wartime marriage-in-name-only to protect a young girl from a forced union and left her protected in a remote mountain convent. Now, Luke is Lord Ripton, but he has been unable to obtain an annulment. ... For nearly a decade, Isabella has waited like a princess locked in a tower, dreaming of her handsome, dark-eyed prince. ... And while Luke and Isabella's fiery personalities clash at every turn, they remain bound to their vows, never expecting that the passionate fury they share could be come passion of a different kind"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,351,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible