Hail Mary by J.R. Rain

Hail Mary

by J.R. Rain

Another series by J.R. Rain that I love. Jim Knighthorse is one of the my favorite characters of all books. He is a broken man but trying to do his best and help people through his work. As a young boy, he lost his mother to a brutal rape and murder and he has been trying to accept that his entire life, trying in his spare time to find the murderer/rapist.

In this 3rd book, Knighthorse is on the case of some horrible people in Mexico killing sharks for their fins. There is a lot of light shone on animal cruelty in this book, very disturbing scenes. That was not my favorite part of the book.

My favorite plot of the book is Knighthorse working on the case of his mother's murder. That has been a plot running through the previous books and we finally find out who the killer is in this book. It is a wonderful wrap up.

Also in the series is Jack, a spiritual advisor (God?) disguised as a street bum who hangs out at McDonalds. The conversations Knighthorse has with Jack are absolutely priceless.

If this book were strictly the animal cruelty detective case, I would only give it 3 or 4 stars, but add Knighthorse's mother's cold case and the conversations with Jack at McDonalds and also the relationship Knighthorse has with his girlfriend, Cindy, this is a true winner. Love the Knighthorse series. ( )
  Mary.Endersbe | Sep 19, 2014 |
i liked all of the jim knighthorse series. while he can come off as a conceited jerk his character is still pretty cool!! ( )
  twokidsnablanket | Nov 2, 2013 |
J.R. Rain writes a lot of vampire stories, not my cup of tea. I did check out his knighthorse novels, read them all. Loved the character. Laughed out loud several times. Good mystery. Recommend the Knighthorse series. ( )
  kaputy1 | Aug 15, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,543,487 books! | Top bar: Always visible