Five by Christie Rich

Cover: Beautiful
Rating: 4 shining stars
Overall: Intriguing
Characters: Secretive but hot!
Plot: When strange things start happening to Rayla she realizes her life it just starting to get complicated!
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? YES!
Recommend: Yes
Crush? Zack XD

Summry (50 words or so)
Loved it! Granted I was skeptical at the start, and didn't care for the first few chapters, but once things started moving I quickly fell in love with this book! I don't often read romance, and would have never imagined I would like this book so much, but it didn't take long and I was hooked!

See full reviews, and other book stuff on my blog:

Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile ( )
  karlaihdez | Sep 20, 2013 |
Five (Elemental Enmity #1) by Christie Rich

Five by Christie Rich is the first book in the Elemental Enmity series, Christie is one of my favorite authors, her writing is fantastic and Five is a great read. She has written a story with a strong female lead character and some very hot co-characters. The plot was unique and I really enjoyed reading this novel. But there is only one downfall to this story at that is as soon as your finish with it you have the need to go purchase the next book in this series (Dark Matter (Elemental Enmity, #2)).

Rayla, who has been raised by her aunt Grace on a pig farm, has spent most of her time helping her aunt around the house and taking care of her cousins. She can’t wait to escape this life and head to college for some freedom. On her way to college a few things happen and she actually thinks she may be going a little crazy as she sees things that are out of this world. At college Rayla feels like she is being stalked by a man on a motorcycle that changes into a Pegasus and four other men are introduced to her eventually. And let me say these men are amazing looking, hot, sexy and they want Rayla. Rayla learns a lot about herself and finds out things that she never knew existed. Rayla realizes that the freedom and escaping her life back home may not have been the smartest decision she has made. Maybe there was a reason her aunt wanted her to stay close to home. We are introduced to the Fae world and how special Rayla is to this world.

This book is full of adventure, love triangles, sexy men and one strong young woman. There are some surprises; some betrayal has everything in it that makes for one amazing read. Christie Rich has written a series that you cannot put down. I have rated Five a 4 star rating and recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a great paranormal novel.
  TanaT | Aug 7, 2013 |
I loved this book. I love books about the Fae, and this one was in our world, so it made it really interesting to me. Christie Rich does an amazing job in making her characters emotionally well-developed. She also really does a great job describing the setting, and situation and makes you feel like you are actually there, right next to the characters. I love that. I found myself feeling what she felt, all the emotional ups and downs, they felt like they were my own. I really didn’t want the book to end. I will have to get the next few books soon as I am able, as I really want to see how this story will unfold. I see great things to come, for sure.

Rayla’s life really gets torn upside down, after she leaves the “sanctuary “of her home with her aunt. She finds out she is an Elemental, one who can bond with a fae lord in order to combine their powers and rule. So, these lords can sense Elementals, so because of that, she is quickly being pursued by 5, yes I said 5 hot, god-like fae lords. These 5 fae each have an element specialty (there are five, water, earth, fire, air, and ether, which is spirit) and they bond for 5 of a human’s lifetimes (which I would say is part of the meaning of the books name) So, Rayla has a decision to make, first, does she want to bond, and second, which one of these five to bond to? This is a hard one, as she feels a very strong compulsion to each of them, and then she has to remember, that at anytime, any of them, could easily kidnap her to Faeresia and bond to her against her will.

It sure had me fascinated, and do not want to say much more on what happens, I do not want to spoil anything for you. I think this first book by Christie is well written, and will capture the attention of YA and older alike, (I am in that older category, and I enjoyed it a lot) People who like the paranormal, and fae fantasy types (like the Iron Fey for example) will love this. It’s a unique story, and its suspenseful, and a fast easy interesting read.

I highly recommend giving it a try, heck, the price is right, free for ebook download. Great way to try the new series, and decide from there on the next books.

5 out of 5 stars for me.
Here is a quote that I liked, I really started to like Luke.

I touched his strong jaw, not able to help myself. “I am no savior, Luke.” A look of despair crossed his eyes, but he hid it quickly. He covered my hand. “There is an expression that was popular in your world some time ago. Something about setting a carriage before a steed.” I smiled. This guy was getting to me, and I didn’t like it. “I think it was ‘don’t put your cart before your horse’

Check out my post at the book tour, I have a dream cast by the author and myself. Its got some hot guys. http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/2013/01/giveaway-book-tour-five... ( )
  ConciseReviews | Jan 20, 2013 |
Rayla Tate and her siblings have been raised by her Aunt Grace since she was young. Her mother disappeared and her aunt has taken in her family. Rayla wants to go away to college with her best friend Cassie but her aunt wants her to stay local and is completely adamant that she not leave her home town.

Cassie’s father assists Rayla, giving her the opportunity to go away to college with Cassie. They mislead her aunt and Rayla heads off to school, but almost immediately after leaving her home town strange things start to happen. Rayla’s life is not what she always thought it was, she is special an Elemental. Aunt Grace has been protecting Rayla all along, keeping her safe. Now that she’s left the town she is exposed and all the fae Lords want her power. She meets a wonderful guy named Zach and is being followed by a few more hunky men and she doesn’t know who she can trust.

This is a wonderful young adult fae based story. The characters, sexual attractions and situations are extremely spellbinding and the ending was totally unexpected. Five could be the next new “Fever Series” for young adults. I just have one thing to say, I need to know what happens next!

This copy of Five was given to me by Christie Rich and Making Connection YA @ Goodreads in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  tometender | Oct 28, 2012 |
Love should be the great leveler: The thing that obliterates all other emotions into the insignificant rubble they are. Rayla Tate, Chapter Sixteen, page 170

Rayla Tate's life is about to turn vertical.again. As if it wasn't bad enough her mother disappeared under questionable circumstances leaving Rayla to be raised by her aunt in a horrendously small town. Her overprotective guardian is determined to ruin Rayla's life. She refuses to let Rayla out of her sight or out of the state. Provincial living might be what her aunt demands of her purposely sheltered niece; but, Rayla has other ideas. In a desperate attempt to follow her dreams she flees the safety of her home and runs away to college with her best friend toward a bright future in the art world. However, excitement over her newfound freedom turns into terror when she is chased by a mysterious stranger on her way to school. When his motorcycle suddenly morphs into a fire-breathing pegasus, Rayla questions her sanity. Worse, the man riding next to her stirs a burning desire in her soul she has never known or could have ever imagined. Using all the will she owns, she manages to resist the compulsion she feels; yet, as he disappears into the night, she is certain he hasn't gone far. Rayla quickly dismisses the encounter to her overactive imagination. She is determined to settle into her new life, yet the images and feelings of that night still haunt her. To make matters worse, her aunt seems to be in on the act, insisting that Rayla will soon be hunted by a pack of fae lords for a power over the elements she never knew she possessed--a power that could change the world. Quicker than she ever thought possible, she finds herself surrounded by stunning men that all seem determined to win her heart. Why does she feel drawn to each one of them? More importantly, what dark power do they hold over her? Rayla must quickly learn to fend off these beautiful and seductive pursuers using whatever means necessary or find herself lost to the fae world forever.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,008,470 books! | Top bar: Always visible