Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep

The end of this book marks the middle of the six book series, and it has appropriately dark parts to show for it. It is, however, still a YA, and still has plenty of hope and humor in the book as well. It's nice to see Gwen developing more friends, and seeing how the friendships develop. It's also great to see her enemies shaping up and becoming less nebulous. I look forward to seeing how this series continues. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | Jan 26, 2018 |
I absolutely loved this book!!! It only took me just over a day to read. I could not put it down. I love the characters Estep has created in the Mythos world.

This book probably had the most action so far in the series. I loved it. With each battle, Gwen gets better with her fighting skills. (Thanks to her hunky trainer, Logan.) She's a fighter above all else, and her determination is admirable. She chooses what to do what she thinks is right without thinking, but deals with the consequences pretty well.

Some of the questions we had in the previous books are answered in Dark Frost. I found at least one of the secrets startling, and did not expect it at all. There is more emotion packed into this book than the previous ones in the series. Even through all the sadness I enjoyed seeing the raw emotions emanating from the characters. It was pretty powerful.

I can't wait to see what Gwen, and her group of friends, do to remedy the Reaper problem in the next book. Too bad we have to wait until January. :P ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
I'm a beast and finished this in only a few hours. Much better than the second book, and I look forward to continuing the series tomorrow morning :)
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
A little over the top with teenage emotions. ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
Still waiting on more details regarding the previous war, but a couple more characters become more fleshed out here, which makes me happier. Things move forward at an alarming pace with Loki as well. I did love the pet potential. I also love the occasional hints back to the Bit Time series. I understand there are hints regarding elemental assassin as well. I may have to take a peak at that series too. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
as always to my mom, my grandma, and Andre, for all their love, help, support and patience with my books and everything else in life.
and to lucky, one of the best dogs ever. nineteen years wasn't long enough we'll always miss you.
"if you guys don't stop making out, I'm going to be sick"
a great start to a young new adult paranormal series-night owl readers
at Mythos academy, surviving high school means staying alive-Kernel Sparks
It has literally everything: mystery, romance, mythology, boarding schools. what could get better?-Simply Nerdy Book Reviews

Fighting for her life when she is targeted by the Reapers of Chaos, Mythos Academy student Gwen Frost struggles with an inability to use her psychometry powers to find the hidden object.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,739,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible