DUDE WOMAN by Peter B. Kyne

DUDE WOMAN

by Peter B. Kyne

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added byJudyStanley, pussreboots, lyzard

I enjoyed this post-modern western by Peter B. Kyne. I'm calling it post-modern because it takes place in the 1930s (contemporary for when it was published), fifteen years after Arizona state hood, so it has all the modern trappings (telephones, cars, etc.) but is still basically a western in that it deals a working ranch and the struggle over the land with a sheriff who is torn between upholding the law and protecting his cattle rustling sons.

Kyne fleshed out Mary Sutherland far better than I expected. She has a smart head for business, can handle a horse and is fluent in Spanish, all amazing accomplishments for the more typical 1930s heroine. The conflict and history of Hamilton and his son is where the book really captured my attention and interest. ( )
  pussreboots | Sep 21, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,302,427 books! | Top bar: Always visible