A World Possessed by Joanna O'Neill

A World Possessed

by Joanna O'Neill

312,001,085 (5)1
Recently added bymmignano11, Boobalack, JoannaON

Rebecca, Connor, Michael, Geoffrey, Uriel Passenger,and the Three Dons,are all key players in Joanna O'Neill's trilogy of time travel, magic and Faeries. Both people from the Real World and players from the World Invisible figure in to this literary trio chock full of puzzles, riddles and cryptic messages.Beginning with [A World Invisible] O'Neill brings readers along on a journey with Rebecca, Connor and Michael, who find they must form a union to solve the mysteries plaguing each of them. In [A World Denied] the story intensifies and they find answers, but the reader leaves the novel with some questions still unanswered. In [A World Possessed] O'Neill plunges headlong in pursuit of those unanswered questions and the answers are the foundation on which the novel rests. As each mystery unfolds, the story beckons to the reader and we follow willingly, eager to peel back each layer and make sense of the clues, along with Rebecca and Connor. This book is Rebecca's mostly and she is faced with hard decisions. O'Neill's World Invisible does not exist in a vacuum and much of what happens there has an effect on the Real world, the world known to us. I enjoyed each of the books, but found the third book to be the best. It is a quick read in that it is only 246 pages but also it is the kind of book you want to finish in one reading. Only my life prevented me from doing so. Animals must be fed, as well as spouses and children. O'Neill's prose is strikingly clear and conscise, while being descriptive in a way we would expect from an artist. Whether we are in the Real world with Rebecca or in the World Invisible with the Queen of Clover the descriptive passages enfold us and make us feel as though we have stepped into that world. Her characters are as clearly drawn as if they are illustrations and maintain their attributes throughout each successive book. Although time travel could be confusing without a science background, O'Neill is careful to to comprehend and with each successive book brings the reader closer to understanding the science without overloading us with details too complex for laymen. The actual focus of the book is the fact that the two worlds do exist and that just as this world needs care in order not to destroy itself, or be destroyed, so too does the Invisible World. And who shall be its caretaker? Don't wait to find this trilogy on Amazon and get started. You will enjoy it without question and then want to share it with your reading friends. ( )
  mmignano11 | Jan 15, 2012 |

"What am I doing here? I always said I'd never do this. Why am I doing this?" On New Year's Day, outside the Royal Festival Hall where she is enjoying an innocent holiday among the buskers and street performers, Rebecca receives the first message, slipped into her pocket by sleight of hand while she is unaware. And so the riddle begins. From London's South Bank to the Colleges of Oxford, from a hotel in the Peak District to her beautiful home on the Isle of Skye, Rebecca cannot evade the questions that hurtle at her thick and fast. How many ways can you use a knife? Where did Shakespeare meet his Dark Lady? What is the point of a telescope with polarised lenses? Are foxes heroes or villains? And above all who, or what, is the Jack of Hearts? As the significance of the messages emerges, Rebecca comes to realise that her path was laid long ago and the time is coming when she must tread it.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:26 -0400)

Joanna O'Neill is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,076,251 books! | Top bar: Always visible