STOMP OUT the Bullying! by Angel McGowan

STOMP OUT the Bullying!

by Angel McGowan

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byskstiles612

As a teacher I see bullying on a daily basis. I try really hard to stop it when I see it. This book is simple yet speaks volumes. Mike hates going to school each day because he is bullied on the bus and at school. He tries to get his friends who are bullying to join him in standing up against the bullies. This seems like a great idea until the bullies come in. Mike is left alone and ends up on the bathroom floor. He finally is given the opportunity to let a teacher know. The teacher is the one who give Mike the voice to stop the bullying. We need more books like this one to help our kids realize they can go to an adult for problems like this. Excellent job of letting students know they don’t have to put up with bullying. ( )
  skstiles612 | Dec 9, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 143277994X, Paperback)

About the Story

Mikey lies awake in bed at night because he is worried about what is going to happen in school the next day. Mikey's frustration grows and he almost makes a wrong decision, because he listens to a friend. Finally, Mikey learns that his teacher, Mr. Jones, can do more than teach math.

About the Author

Angel McGowan is a fifteen-year old junior at JL Mann High School in Greenville, South Carolina. She is a member of the National Honor Society, Beta Club and basketball team. She is also a two-time USAIGC National Gymnastic Champion. Angel enjoys writing, playing basketball and spending time with her family and friends. Ultimately, Angel plans on becoming a pediatrician.

About the Illustrator

Matthew Linn is a fifteen-year old sophomore at JL Mann High School in Greenville, South Carolina. He is an avid soccer player. He plans to pursue a career in art after college.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:59 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,422,270 books! | Top bar: Always visible