Star Fish by Nicola May

Star Fish

by Nicola May

You can also read my review here: http://www.turningthepages.ca/2012/01/review-star-fish.html

After falling in love with Nicola May's writing in Working It Out, I was so surprised to see that she followed the same type of format with Star Fish. Instead of working one job a month for twelve months, as Ruby did, in Star Fish, we find Amy dating twelve different men as she works her way to her perfect mate (or at least who the stars have in line for her).

I loved the character of Amy. Spending time in her 'life' was such a joyous experience and I found myself laughing out loud at some of her amazing dating adventures. Not having gone the blind dating route myself, I really enjoyed reading about some of the 'gems' that were paired up with her. My other favourite character had to be Amy's best mate, Brad... OMG, an over-the-top, fun-loving gay friend is just what every girl needs in her back pocket and Brad fit every single stereotype perfectly!

As Amy worked her way through the star signs, I found that I had those that I was routing for and those I knew would never make the cut. However, I have to admit that the ending came as a huge surprise and I was left with a giant smile on my face. Nicola May has a unique ability to relate to the readers and make them feel as though the characters in the book are those that they could find in their very own lives. You really do spend time relating each character to someone in your real life.

Overall, another great chick lit book by Nicola May to add to the shelf. Hot on the heels of the Star Fish release is the release of Better Together. Nicola May is someone to keep your eye on! ( )
  LindsayGentles | Feb 9, 2012 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,987,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible