Gulf Breeze by Gerri Hill

Gulf Breeze

by Gerri Hill

The most interesting parts of the book were the witty repartees between the two leads. Though not on the level of Ann McMan's Jericho ladies, they're still quite entertaining nonetheless. The rest of the book is a rather typical lesfic romance book--a fast and easy read. ( )
  Jemology | Dec 29, 2014 |
This is your average lesbian fiction romance. There are a couple of women of a not too old but not too young age (i.e. around their mid thirties, by me oh my they only look like they're twenty-five or twenty-eight or so). They meet, they don't understand what's happening, they both have pasts that have scarred them horribly and the story goes from there (And honestly I'm still waiting for the book that takes the bull by the horns and has a non-happy ending. We'll see).

Generally the part of these lesbian fiction romances that makes or breaks the story is where it's set and what's going on around the two Juliets and their love story. Here the setting is the Marshlands of the Texas coast (though I was confused at first since the two Rockports I'm familiar with are in Maine and Massachusetts). And the non-romance subplot is the restoration of the marshlands. They're both interesting topics and I especially liked the characterization of the birders who care about the marshlands in the book. They are quite a rare breed of people in real life too.

A solid book with solid writing that was a quick read, but nothing groundbreaking or radically different than most of the rest of the lesbian fiction genre. ( )
  DanieXJ | Nov 23, 2013 |
my brother Danny.
"God, already?"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193151397X, Paperback)

Dr. Carly Cambridge, wildlife biologist, returns to the Texas Gulf Coast to manage the latest Habitats for Nature project, restoring the woods and wetlands to their natural state. She is devoted to the environmental cause with a passion usually reserved for a lover – something she hasn’t had since a disastrous love affair ten years earlier. Having sworn off women and relationships, Carly is perfectly content to live her life alone while she focuses on her latest project.

Wildlife photographer Pat Ryan is duped into volunteering her talents to the Habitats For Nature cause, but she wants no part of the overzealous Dr. Cambridge.

While they spend most of their time sparring and bickering, an early season hurricane finds them fighting nature – instead of each other – to save the wetlands and the birds that brought them together.

Soon Carly finds her heart opening, little by little, and struggles to ignore the feelings that are growing between them. And Pat, always searching for that certain someone to take her breath away, can’t believe for a moment that the woman she’s been waiting for could possibly be Carly.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:50 -0400)

A wildlife biologist returns to the Texas Gulf Coast to manage a habitat project, where she meets a woman wildlife photographer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,545,312 books! | Top bar: Always visible