The Cowboy Tutor (Love Inspired Historical)…

The Cowboy Tutor (Love Inspired Historical)

by Linda Ford

181561,019 (4)None

Review: The Cowboy Tutor by Linda Ford
4 STARS
The line of books really fit this book Harlequin Love Inspired Historical. The title also fits well. I enjoyed The Cowboy Tutor that is set in the great depression era. Which a lot of people are now struggling with some of the same problems.

Madge lives with her mom and two sisters. Madge was a tomboy who followed her father and learned from him skills. So when her father was died she took over the support of her family. She let the bank have most of the farm land, sold the livestock and kept a cow and calf and some chickens. She took in laundry and because she had a great big room upstairs to hang the laundry to dry so it stayed dust free.
Louisa is the oldest girl but has been sick most of her life. She is beautiful and wants so much to learn. So her mom took some of Madge money to place an ad for a tutor and hoped he would marry her.
Sally is the youngest and helps with chickens and does cooking too with her mom.
Madge had lost her best clinet and then found some of the money missing and took on another job to pay the bank so they would not lose their house too.
Justin was the tutor hired for Louisa. He had a limp and long issues coughed and was frail. He quit teaching and became a cowboy.
Judd is Justin real name he is hiding who he really is because he learned that the person who took his mothers savings was going to live in this area and he was going to get justice for his mother. Judd than plans to go be a cowboy again he loves working outside.
They turn to prayer to get through the tough times and the scriptures. I really like Madge and appreciate her willingness to work for her family. This story did leave me feeling good. I real read more books from Linda. So far I have really enjoyed the love inspires books that I have read. I was given this ebook to read in exchange of honest review from Netgalley.
02/07/2012 PUB Harlequin Harlequin Love Inspired Historical
readalot blog ( )
  rhonda1111 | Feb 10, 2012 |
This book is in special memory of my mother who face many challenges, including the Great Depression, tuberculosis and being mother to a blended family. As I read her journals and the articles she wrote, I see a woman who was hurt time and again by events and by the people she loved, and yet she determined to show nothing but kindness. Seeing her life through her eyes has given me a deep appreciation for her spirit. May her children arise and call her blessed.
Golden Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Summer, 1932
Madge Morgan groaned as steam billowed from the hood of the old clunker that served as a car, truck and general chore vehicle.
What doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373828993, Mass Market Paperback)

Lesson One: Listen To Your Heart With the mortgage due and funds scarce, Madge Morgan can’t afford distractions. Especially not from Judd Kirk, her sister Louisa’s meek tutor and—according to their mother’s plans—suitor. Madge’s focus is on her housekeeping job… little knowing Judd’s connection to her employer, or his real reason for coming to Golden Prairie. At last, Judd has found the man who swindled his mother. Yet if he seeks revenge, he risks losing the one thing he wants even more: a woman with faith enough to rekindle his own. A woman with strong values and a gentle heart. A woman like Madge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:01 -0400)

"With the mortgage due and funds scarce, Madge Morgan can't afford distractions. Especially not from Judd Kirk, her sister Louisa's meek tutor and--according to their mother's plans--suitor. Madge's focus is on her housekeeping job ... little knowing Judd's connection to her employer, or his real reason for coming to Golden Prairie. At last, Judd has found the man who swindled his mother. Yet if he seeks revenge, he risks losing the one thing he wants even more: a woman with faith enough to rekindle his own. A woman with strong values and a gentle heart. A woman like Madge"--Publisher.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,132,016 books! | Top bar: Always visible