Men Don't Matter? by Jayelle Hughes

Men Don't Matter?

by Jayelle Hughes

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added bykatlb82, Jayelle

This is not my normal kind of read, but it is an interesting story with a message that we don't need someone to complete us as a person - we have our friends, our jobs, why do we need to have a partner to make us happy? As Joelle and her friends come to realise that perhaps men really don't matter, they suddenly find themselves happy and fulfilled, but for the guys it's difficult to be on the other side of the fence.

There are funny, sad, meaningful and enlightening moments in Men Don't Matter. The writing is straightforward and the characters are realistic, with a wide range of personalities, but it is easy to sympathize and connect with all of them, especially Joelle.

The ending of Men Don't Matter felt the teeniest bit rushed, but the epilogue at the end was great - I won't tell you more because it will give away a major part of the story, but if you like a good girl-power story, you should definitely give Men Don't Matter a try - who knows, you may just end up with a little inspiration for your own life! ( )
  katlb82 | Apr 13, 2012 |

Joelle Samuells has always been what you might call a "good girl." She's cute too.

So why is it that all of the men she dates chew her up and spit her out? If men supposedly like good, pretty girls, why is she single at 27 years old.

Life is really kicking her butt--she's facing an eviction from her New York City apartment and the guy she only THOUGHT was her boyfriend has just kicked her to the curb.

On the verge of giving up, Joelle is presented with a unique, revolutionary solution that will make her write off men and focus more on her personal goals. She jumps at the opportunity. When she tries this new solution, men suddenly lose their appeal--Joelle completely pushes them to the side.

Soon enough, men all over New York City, the country and the world over will learn what it feels like to completely lose their hold and power over desperate, single women. My, how the tables have turned.

But is there a downside to this new state of affairs? Is it normal for a young, single woman to have absolutely no interest in men? What about the need to procreate and raise families to keep the human race going strong?

Men Don't Matter is Chick Lit With a Twist

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:46 -0400)

Jayelle Hughes is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,235,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible