Hippie Boy: A Girl's Story by Ingrid…

Hippie Boy: A Girl's Story

by Ingrid Ricks

6213191,731 (4)1

Interesting story of a young girl's adjustment to her family's split and the subsequent addition of a new stepfather. ( )
  Pat2011 | Aug 23, 2013 |
Needs to be much more tightly written. ( )
  mbmeadow | Jun 23, 2013 |
An interesting read on a young woman's journey through childhood. I definitely felt for the little girl as she grew up with all the chaos that was in her family and was happy to see her overcome it all.
  chutzpanit | Oct 21, 2012 |
I think this will be popular with teens - they will certainly be able to relate to the main character's feelings, if not her situation. Though hard to read at times because of the content, I enjoyed reading this book and am especially happy that the epilogue was so positive. ( )
  madamediotte | Aug 30, 2012 |
This was an interesting read. The author uses a convoluted timeline which makes the story seem disjointed at times but it doesn't take too much away from her story. It does seem like a tragic tale but it's also one of redemption to see how she used the dramatic childhood as a healing tool in her work later on. I was hoping for more on the Mormon aspect of life (although she does go into a decent amount) and how she feels about it presently but I can also understand why that was left out of focus towards the "ending" and epilogue.

Either way- it was an interesting read and though parts made me cringe and the authors voice was left with a childlike structure (understandably since she was going back to her younger years) I would recommend to those who enjoy autobiographical memoirs with less than pleasant religious overtones. I am happy she overcame her past - or least appears to have overcome it. ( )
  Spiceca | Aug 10, 2012 |
For Connie—   Who was there then, and continues to be now even from three thousand miles away

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Ingrid Ricks's book Hippie Boy: A Girl's Story was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Ingrid Ricks is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,933,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible