Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy…

Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy Jones Adventures, Book Two)

by Elise Stokes

I loved this book and I cannot wait for book number 3!! ( )
  Robin_Miller_Cresci | Jul 6, 2016 |
4.4 Big Stars
I loved the adventure this author took me on. I was taken this town where a 15 year old girl and a 15 year old boy save a massive beast and possibly our freedom. I know you're think 15 years olds ??? It was so intelligently written that I forgot through most of the book that they were so young. These two have brains and use them more than their hormones ! They also have a bond that is just being explored, not romance, but more than friendship. I love the interaction between them and the relationship they have, true friendship and trust.
Cassidy has gained some 'super powers" from a lab accident in Emery's mothers lab. His mother has him on watch duty, protecting her and helping her gain control of these yet mostly unknown powers. Emery is some kind of genius and very hot guy who was set to go to college at 15 but stayed home to help out Cass. When a Tiger goes missing at the zoo, they can't help but search the beast out before it hurts someone or get's hurt itself. This leads the two into another bigger and dangerous mess. There is hint or romance but there is also another love interest for one of the two.
I can't wait for more. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
3.5 ( )
  BethYacoub | Dec 30, 2014 |
I loved the first Cassidy Jones book, which I reviewed last year, so I was looking forward to the next in the series. I have to explain that in the first book Cassidy developed superhuman powers as a result of an accident. Being only 15 years old, she’s not only having quite a time adjusting to them yet keeping them quiet, but also messing up her relationships with boys, including her twin brother. Yet someone is out there doing strange things, putting people in danger who have been kind to the local kids, and stealing tigers from a private zoo. Cassidy suspects she knows who. Fortunately her friend and guardian in her super-power behaviour, Emery, is more inclined to act on hard evidence, so that is what these two talented teenagers do.

I confess I didn’t enjoy this book as much as the first, mainly because it took a long time to get past the teen angst that Cassidy suffers in direct proportion to her growing powers. I started enjoying it once it got into the second half, which sparkled with Ms Stokes’ customary brilliance in devising plot, scenes and excitement. I think it is necessary for Cassidy to go through all this soul-searching as part of coming to terms with her new self. I’m not sure I want to be with her while she does it. However I suspect most teenage girls won’t mind – and probably the boys won’t either, since she’s a real kick-ass heroine.

I recommend this book to older MGs and Younger YA, it’s full of excitement and action! ( )
  Jemima_Pett | Nov 11, 2014 |
I loved this book. There is something so thrilling about a young girl living the secret life of a Super Hero. And what a great super hero Cassidy is turning out to be. You would think that it would take precedence over everything else, but Cassidy is a teenage girl first, with teenage feelings and aspirations who just happens to be a super hero. She loves, she hurts she cries, and carries on with her day-to-day life, yet the power she yields could so easily corrupt her in ways that would make her unrecognizable to her family and her friends.

She is trying very hard to cope with the changes taking place, and trying to control the power within her seems all-consuming at times, but with the help of her 'sidekick', the handsome and charming Emery she is coming to terms with these incredible changes. It is not always easy, but she is no pushover and is determined to succeed.

Another reason why I love this book, and the series, is the cast of characters that surrounds Cassidy. Each character is extremely well thought out and they all fit so well into the story, each with their own personality traits, be they good or bad, which makes for really interesting reading.

I loved this book and highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good YA adventure story.

Oh yes, Cassidy has a little brother - his name is Chazz - I want a little boy just like him, he is adorable :) ( )
  Rosemary_Montgomery | Aug 1, 2013 |

Elise Stokes is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,828,550 books! | Top bar: Always visible