The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around…

by Mark Batterson

3191034,767 (3.93)3
Member:DRHuber
Title:The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears
Authors:Mark Batterson
Info:Zondervan (2011), Hardcover, 224 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:read 2012, prayer, Christian living

The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears by Mark Batterson

If a group is wanting to study prayer Mark's book is a great place to start. The Circle Maker allowed us to look at prayer through a lens I had not looked through before and even a few years after reading it for the first time I still incorporate principles from the book into my prayer life.
ACF: Todd Nagel, not currently in ACF's library. ( )
  ACFellowship | Mar 8, 2017 |
If you're not rich enough or healthy enough or famous enough, it's your fault because you haven't prayed enough. At least, that's the basic theme of Pastor Batterson's book - similar to the old Prayer of Jabez. And I think that is ultimately cruel and a horrifying picture of God. He does briefly talk about God in the midst of suffering, but that's not the overall theme of the book. He says some good things about prayer, but goes too far. ( )
  Luke_Brown | Sep 10, 2016 |
His writing style is a bit too simple for me, but there are at least 3 really powerful chapters that make this worth reading, and a few new insights that I've never heard before. ( )
  Krild13 | Jun 10, 2016 |
I bought this book to read with my woman's group at church. While we're only doing about a chapter a month, I went ahead and finished it. It may change my prayer life if I could figure out what I want God to do in my life--I guess that is my prayer. I don't like to be negative, but my one complaint about this book is that when he wrote out a scripture, most of the time he didn't give the reference. I could have looked it up if I knew what version, but although they said unmarked scripture was NIV, I didn't find it was always the case. ( )
  eliorajoy | Jan 12, 2015 |
Rated: A-
Truly inspiration relating to your prayer life. You can't read this book and not dream big, think long and pray hard. ( )
  jmcdbooks | May 5, 2014 |
To my father-in-law, Bob Schmidgall.
The memory of you kneeling in prayer lives forever,
as do your prayers.
Young children danced in the downpour like it was the first rainfall they'd ever seen.

According to Pastor Mark Batterson in his book, The Circle Maker, 'Drawing prayer circles around our dreams isn't just a mechanism whereby we accomplish great things for God. It's a mechanism whereby God accomplishes great things in us.' Do you ever sense that there's far more to prayer, and to God's vision for your life, than what you're experiencing? It's time you learned from the legend of Honi the Circle Maker---a man bold enough to draw a circle in the sand and not budge from inside it until God answered his prayers for his people. What impossibly big dream is God calling you to draw a prayer circle around? Sharing inspiring stories from his own experiences as a circle maker, Mark Batterson will help you uncover your heart's deepest desires and God-given dreams and unleash them through the kind of audacious prayer that God delights to answer.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:31 -0400)

Using the true legend of Honi the circle maker, guides readers to help identify their dreams and future miracles in order to find the clearest and most valuable answers from God.

113 wanted4 pay5 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,891,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible