Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Pip and Posy: The Little Puddle by Axel…

Pip and Posy: The Little Puddle

by Axel Scheffler, Axel Scheffler

English (2)  German (1)  All languages (3)
I have a couple of concerns about this book.
It doesn't bother me that Pip ends up in girl clothes so much as all Posy's clothes are dresses - no pants. What???
And second, it starts out by saying "Pip went o play at Posy's house"
And ends with them taking a bath. Say what????
Friends don't usually bathe together when they go to play and especially not boys and girls together - even if they're in preschool.
It sends off alarms for me.
I will not be using what started off as a potentially good story time book in story time!
  fantasticstorytime | Mar 12, 2012 |
In the day of the life of a toddler accidents are simply a fact of life. For Pip and Posy who love to play the day away the accident comes in the form of a little puddle. Fortunately Posy is a wonderful friend and helps Pip to clean up, get dressed and get back to playing. The next time Pip doesn’t forget, but remembers and uses the potty.

What a brilliant series! Pip and Posy is a new series by Axel Scheffler who many know from his popular illustrations for The Gruffalo and it has quickly become a favorite of ours. Much like the Tilly and Friends series by Polly Dunbar, Pip & Posy find themselves in everyday situations that most toddlers & preschoolers find themselves in. The illustrations are adorable and Pip & Posy are two characters kiddos can’t help but connect with.

With The Little Puddle it was instant love for Littlebug. We actually received a copy a few months ago and began reading it right around the time she began potty training. Now, this certainly isn’t a “potty training” book, but it absolutely helped! It became particularly helpful after she reached the point where she was no longer relying on pull-ups to catch her accidents. Every so often she’d have an accident and had a tendency to really get upset about it, even seeing Pip have his accident made her sad at first. What was wonderful was how through her reading she learned that it was still important to keep trying to make it to the potty, but if she didn’t it was something that happened to everyone and not to worry. Which to me was an invaluable lesson, and one that’s helped both of us tremendously!

Pip and Posy and the Little Puddle by Axel Scheffler is a marvelous new story for kiddos that helps them understand that everyone has accidents. This could certainly be applied to any number of things and not only potty related accidents. Helping kiddos to know that accidents are a part of life can help to reduce stress and help them enjoy life and childhood that much more. In our home I’ve even seen a reduction in the amount of accidents since our reading of Pip and Posy and the Little Puddle began. The new Pip and Posy series is one I’d highly recommend to anyone who reads to a toddler/preschooler at any time!

Originally reviewed and copyrighted at my site, There's A Book. ( )
  the1stdaughter | Dec 29, 2011 |

Axel Schefflerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Scheffler, Axelmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Pip and Posy are typical toddlers: they are best friends and they have fun ...but sometimes, just like any other toddler, they get cross and sad, so sometimes it takes friendship, sharing and understanding - and a cuddle - to make things better. In Pip and Posy and the Little Puddle Pip comes to play at Posy's house. They have such a lovely time after their mid-afternoon snack and drink that Pip forgets he needs to go to the loo, and soon there's a little puddle on the floor. But everyone has accidents sometimes, so Posy mops it up, and lends him some clothes. The next time Pip needs a wee, he does it in the potty all by himself.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:22 -0400)

When Pip goes to Posy's house to play, they are having such a good time that Pip forgets something very important.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,741,777 books! | Top bar: Always visible