Bloodline by James Rollins

Bloodline

by James Rollins

it was good not spectacular enough for me to remember much about it other then alot of fighting, moving around, unneeded killings etc. ( )
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |
In his latest addition to the series, James Rollins, picks up right where the last book left off. This time Grey, Seichan, and Kowalski are sent to Somalia, in search of the President's daughter who has been kidnapped. Along the way they pick up two new characters, Tucker Wayne - a former Army Ranger, and the comabt dog he trained, Kane. Like all of his novels, Rollins, sends the Sigma Force operatives on quite the roller coaster ride, throwing in copious amounts of real world science. While you can probably guess that they will complete their mission, how they get there is always a surprise.

I never thought I would rate a Sigma Force novels only 3 stars, but I guess you just never know. The newest characters, just didn't work for me. I really wanted to like Tucker and Kane, but they just fell flat to me. And while I love animals and love reading about all the amazing things that they can accomplish, when I had read the story from Kane's point of view, it just killed the momentum for me. Don't even get me started on how many times we had to hear about their amazing bond.

The plot itself wasn't bad, though I didn't enjoy it as much of some of the others. I was quite grateful, however, for finally getting to heart of who The Guild is, where they came from, and what their goals are. Learning more of Seichan's history was another huge bonus. I'm looking forward to finding out what she discovers in future books.

In all it was a good book, though it never compelled me to pick it back up. I've gotten used to James Rollins writing an above average thriller, and this one unfortunately wasn't. It however won't keep me from reading the next Sigma Force novel as soon as it's ready. ( )
  Mootastic1 | Jan 15, 2016 |
Started July 21st, 2013.
Bloody start. Gripping. Very interesting scenes with a trained dog from the dog's perspective.
As I have not read all books in the Sigma-series, rather only few, I cannot say for sure, that all mysteries are solved, but we get to know a lot.
Nefarious plans are revealed.
Entirely satisfying, fast paced, very good descriptions of different scenes (underwater, in caves etc), fights and places.
While the end is too good for my taste - at least one of the main characters should have died, to prove they are not immortal (no pun intended),
the solutions and the back-story of the Guild are very well written.
Warning: one theme may disturb some readers, this book is not for the squeamish! The horrors described are very real.
Page-turner - highly recommended, as far as I remember from the ones I read from Rollins it is the best one. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
"Bloodlines" is #8 in the Sigma series. I found it the best of the series to date. This book has a return of the dog "Kane." Wonderful to see him and his handler as part of the team. Continuous action till the end and it has a great ending. ( )
  delta61 | Jul 4, 2015 |
It was very good, lots of interesting characters and the like, but it felt like everything was just touched on, and not felt. The core idea of the book was fascinating, Kat and Lisa were two great characters - and Tucker and his dog were wonderful - but my emotions were not engaged much at all. But if you like thrillers, it's good. I just wanted to feel more. ( )
  KVHardy | Jan 2, 2015 |
We are opposed around the world bay a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence ... building a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

~John F Kennedy,
      from a speech given at the Walford-Astroia Hotel on April 27, 1961
Surely God would not have created such a being as man, with an ability to grasp the infinite, to exist only for a day! No, no, man was made for immortality.
    ~Abraham Lincoln
To
Three brothers and three sisters
Cheryl, Doug, Laurie, Chuck, Billy and Carrie,
After being in the trenches this past year, it seemed fitting for us to be together here too.

Love you all.
Summer 1134
Holy Lands

They once called her a witch and a whore.
June 30, 11:44 AM EST
Takoma park, Maryland

Gray Pierce pulled into the driveway with a coughing grow of the 1960 Thunderbird's V-8 engine.

LEE CHILD

Galilee, 1025: A Templar knight uncovers a holy treasure in an ancient citadel - a priceless icon that holds a mysterious and terrifying power.

A millennium later, Commander Gray Pierce of Sigma Force is dispatched to the African jungle, teaming up with former Army Ranger Capt Tucker Wayne and his military war dog, Kane, on a covert mission to rescue the US President pregnant daughter form Somali pirates. But Pierce fears the kidnapping masks a far more terrible terrorist agenda - a suspicion proven turn in a fiery ambush and a deadly act of betrayal. ... and by the firebombing of a South Carolina fertility clinic half a world away.

Suddenly Gray Pierce and Sigma Force are in a frantic race to save an innocent unborn baby whose very existence raises questions about the nature of humanity. And behind it all is a deadly cabal. that has been manipulating events from the shadows throughout history .... and a devastating conspiracy rooted in human genetic code that Pierce must expose before it alters humanity forever.
    ---------------------------------

In his first-ever collaboration, New York Times bestselling author James Rollins combines his skill for cutting-edge science and historical mystery with award-winning novelist Rebecca Cantrell’s talent for haunting suspense and sensual atmosphere in a gothic tale about an ancient order and the hunt for a miraculous book known only as...
    THE BLOOD GOSPEL
An earthquake in Masada, Israel, kills hundreds and reveals a tomb buried in the heart of the mountain. A trio of investigators—Sergeant Jordan Stone, a military forensic expert; Father Rhun Korza, a Vatican priest; and Dr. Erin Granger, a brilliant but disillusioned archaeologist—are sent to explore the macabre discovery, a subterranean temple holding the crucified body of a mummified girl.

But a brutal attack at the site sets the three on the run, thrusting them into a race to recover what was once preserved in the tomb’s sarcophagus: a book rumored to have been written by Christ’s own hand, a tome that is said to hold the secrets to His divinity. But the enemy who hounds them is like not other, a force of ancient evil directed by a leader of impossible ambitions and incalculable cunning.

From crumbling tombs to splendorous churches, Erin and her two companions must confront a past that traces back thousands of years, to a time when ungodly beasts hunted the dark spaces of the world, to a moment in history when Christ made a miraculous offer, a pact of salvation for those who were damned for eternity.

Here is a novel that is explosive in its revelation of a secret history. Why do Catholic priests wear pectoral crosses? Why are they sworn to celibacy? Why do the monks hide their countenances under hoods? And why does Catholicism insist that the consecration of wine during Mass results in its transformation to Christ’s own blood? The answers to all go back to a secret sect within the Vatican, one whispered as rumor but whose very existence was painted for all to see by Rembrandt himself, a shadowy order known simply as the Sanguines.

In the end, be warned: some books should never be found, never opened—until now.

A yacht bearing a young American couple is attacked by Somali pirates, leading to bloodshed and the violent kidnapping of the pregnant woman on board. To aid in her rescue from the lawless and war-torn jungles of coastal Africa, Sigma Force enlists the aid of a unique search team.… (more)

James Rollins is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,254,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible