dismiss

Fünf (Hörbestseller) by Ursula Poznanski

Fünf (Hörbestseller) (edition 2013)

by Ursula Poznanski, Nicole Engeln (Sprecher)

Series: Beatrice Kaspary (1)

"A woman's corpse is discovered in a meadow. A strange combination of letters and numbers has been tattooed on the soles of her feet. Detective inspector Beatrice Kaspary from the local murder squad quickly identifies the digits as map coordinates. These lead to a series of gruesome discoveries as she and her colleague Florin Wenninger embark on a bloody trail - a modern-day scavenger hunt using GPS navigation devices to locate hidden caches. The "owner" of these unofficial, unpublished geocaches is a highly calculating and elusive fiend who leaves his victims' body-parts sealed in plastic bags, complete with riddles that culminate in a five-stage plot. Kaspary herself becomes an unwilling pawn in the perpetrator's game of cat and mouse as she risks all to uncover the motives behind the murderer's actions. Five is definitely not a book for the faint-hearted, but it delivers great suspense, unexpected plot twists, and multi-dimensional characters"--… (more)
Member:CrazyTabasco
Title:Fünf (Hörbestseller)
Authors:Ursula Poznanski
Other authors:Nicole Engeln (Sprecher)
Info:Argon Verlag (2013), Edition: 1, Audio CD
Rating:***

Five by Ursula Poznanski

English (16)  German (5)  Dutch (2)  All languages (23)
meh, I'll wait for the movie. ( )
  AnnaHernandez | Oct 17, 2019 |
Read it in English: In English, the title is Five. ( )
  destareads | Feb 1, 2019 |
Hm, it might just be that I'm not a fan of thrillers, but I don't particularly love this one. There is nothing wrong with it. The characters are very relatable, the story is sound, the details are well-researched, the language and pacing are very well done,... I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. ( )
  _rixx_ | Aug 30, 2018 |
Originally reviewed: Five - Book Review

What an original concept - geocaching murder mystery. Definitely grabbed my attention when I first heard of it, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to read a copy before it was released here in the States.

Beatrice Kaspary is a detective I wouldn't mind knowing more about. Ursula Archer gives us plenty to chew on as we follow her on her hunt for The Owner. This feels like the first of a series, and I will be keeping an eye out for more by her.

TFTH
  jess_reads | Jan 26, 2018 |
This was better than I thought it was going to be when I started it. It turned out to be an intriguing combination of a police procedural and somewhat of a puzzle mystery. You had to keep track of the pieces if you wanted any chance of solving the crime. Overall it was well written and well told tale. Anyone that loves physiological murder mysteries will really like this book but be warned there are some parts that are extremely gory. ( )
  Carol420 | Jan 21, 2018 |

Ursula Poznanskiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Searle, Jamie LeeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

The place where his left ear used to be was throbbing to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,747,430 books! | Top bar: Always visible