Fünf (Hörbestseller) by Ursula Poznanski

Fünf (Hörbestseller) (original 2012; edition 2013)

by Ursula Poznanski, Nicole Engeln (Sprecher)

Member:CrazyTabasco
Title:Fünf (Hörbestseller)
Authors:Ursula Poznanski
Other authors:Nicole Engeln (Sprecher)
Info:Argon Verlag (2013), Edition: 1, Audio CD
Rating:***

Five by Ursula Poznanski (2012)

English (14)  German (5)  Dutch (2)  All languages (21)
Hm, it might just be that I'm not a fan of thrillers, but I don't particularly love this one. There is nothing wrong with it. The characters are very relatable, the story is sound, the details are well-researched, the language and pacing are very well done,... I don't dislike it, but I don't love it either. ( )
  _rixx_ | Aug 30, 2018 |
Originally reviewed: Five - Book Review

What an original concept - geocaching murder mystery. Definitely grabbed my attention when I first heard of it, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to read a copy before it was released here in the States.

Beatrice Kaspary is a detective I wouldn't mind knowing more about. Ursula Archer gives us plenty to chew on as we follow her on her hunt for The Owner. This feels like the first of a series, and I will be keeping an eye out for more by her.

TFTH
  jess_reads | Jan 26, 2018 |
This was better than I thought it was going to be when I started it. It turned out to be an intriguing combination of a police procedural and somewhat of a puzzle mystery. You had to keep track of the pieces if you wanted any chance of solving the crime. Overall it was well written and well told tale. Anyone that loves physiological murder mysteries will really like this book but be warned there are some parts that are extremely gory. ( )
  Carol420 | Jan 21, 2018 |
Geocaching als Thriller. Ein intelligenter Mörder bietet der Polizei ein Rätselcache mit 5 Stationen an. In den Verstecken finden die Ermittler jedoch keine netten Tauschobjekte, sondern Leichenteile! ( )
  Jules1234 | Aug 7, 2017 |
Well written, especially being a translation and good mystery. I did pretty much have the killer figured out but wasn't quite sure about the motive until close to the end. ( )
  irishred5 | Apr 30, 2016 |

Ursula Poznanskiprimary authorall editionscalculated
Searle, Jamie LeeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The place where his left ear used to be was throbbing to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

A dismembered hand. Two severed ears. A mutilated corpse. Enjoy the hunt... A woman is found murdered. Tattooed on her feet is a strange combination of letters and numbers. Detective Beatrice Kaspary identifies the digits as map coordinates, and embarks on a bloody trail through the world of geocaching. As the riddles become more complex and the gruesome caches more frequent, Kaspary becomes a pawn in the perpetrator's game-and the killing will only stop if she can uncover the secret they share... (ARC)

Every corpse is a clue. A woman is found murdered in a field. Tattooed on her feet is a strange combination of numbers and letters. Detective Beatrice Kaspary quickly identifies these as map co-ordinates, which lead the police to a 'treasure box' containing several severed body parts -- and a note from the killer with a series of cryptic clues to the identity of the next victim. So begins a desperate scavenger hunt in which Beatrice herself becomes a pawn in the killer's game of cat and mouse, as she risks all to uncover the murderer.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,753,647 books! | Top bar: Always visible