Chesapeake Crimes by Donna Andrews

This is a fun collection of short stories, with some great authors including Donna Andrews and Elaine Viets. For the most part all were wonderful stories. I even finished the vampire story, and I've pretty much burned out on the whole vampire craze. This is the first collection I've started in a while that I finished every story.

There are a couple of other anthologies from this group so I'll be watching for them. ( )
  bookswoman | Mar 31, 2013 |
After the first Chesapeake Crimes anthology, I looked immediately for a follow-up. This is an unusually strong anthology. I am accustomed to thinking myself lucky if I like a third of the stories in an anthology, but I enjoyed almost all of these, diverse though they were. This is particularly surprising given that contributors are limited to members of the Chesapeake Chapter of Sisters in Crime. Obviously, a talented group.

The stories are extremely varied in tone and style. Some of the same authors contributed to the first anthology are here, but there are also many new names. Many of the stories are set in DelMarVa, but that is certainly not a requirement. (DelMarVa is short for Delaware, Maryland and Virginia, especially the penisula of the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay that they all share.)

A great place to find new authors to read. ( )
  juglicerr | Aug 8, 2009 |

Tales of mystery, mayhem and murder from fifteen of the Chesapeake Bay region's most talented crime writers. Includes the Agatha and Anthony award-winning story, "Wedding Knife" by Elaine Viets and a foreword by Laura Lippman.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,326,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible